Author Topic: Graphic Designer wanted in upstate NY.  (Read 2157 times)

Offline ShaneEMP

Graphic Designer wanted in upstate NY.
« on: April 18, 2016, 08:51:10 PM »
A large, national academic sports-based apparel company requires a full-time graphic designer. This position is responsible for the creation of graphics in various formats.

Required:B.S./B.A. or higher in Graphic Design, Advertising, Fine Art,
Marketing, or a comparable field.High-level competency in Adobe CS/CC and vector graphics. File handling and bitmap graphic manipulation skills.The ability to follow complex instructions and comprehend a well-defined work-flow, as well as flexibility and adaptability in a
rapidly-changing and high-speed environment.Strong typographic, compositional, and illustrative skills. A strong grasp of color.

Preferred: Previous experience in design, especially in fashion, sports, academics, or similar fields.Pre-press operation, printmaking, laser-engraving, and embroidery digitizing experience.Experience with Corel, Wilcom or other embroidery-related software, and RIP programs.Web design/development, advertising, and photography skills.

Please send a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio link. Applicants not meeting the required skill set will not be considered.

email smoore@dc-sports.com with graphis desiner in subject title.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Re: Graphic Designer wanted in upstate NY.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 12:18:11 PM »
BS/BA required? Not that I'm in the area or interested in full time work, but that requirement right there would land my resume in the round file.

I have an AA and 28 years' experience. I could teach anyone with a BA things they've never thought possible. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

I've interviewed BAs and hired AAs based on their portfolios alone and never regretted it.

If I or many artists here were applying, you'd be missing out on some of the industry's finest. Not bragging, just a heads up for an HR dept who might not know the difference.

Just saying...  ;)

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Graphic Designer wanted in upstate NY.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 12:43:12 PM »

email smoore@dc-sports.com with graphis desiner in subject title.

.....this on purpose?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...