Author Topic: Saving money with discharge and a CCI update  (Read 4268 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Saving money with discharge and a CCI update
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 07:53:12 AM »
Can't say across the board but yes so far on the Next lLevel. Plus they like to play the bait and switch at times. Matsui has fine products but they tend to over complicate things with additives and modifiers. With CCI, Rutland, Wilflex, and others it's Base+Pigment+Activator. Add water as necessary. It's stupid quick and easy. And CCI has the best and cheapest white and base ever made IMO. Around $27 per gallon for the white.
$22 for the base. No need to change off contact either.
Where do you buy that for $27 a gallon? The only place I found it online is Ryonet and they want mid 40s

I apologize for posting prices. That was inappropiate. Can't speak for the distributors.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 08:30:12 AM »
Well it's 8:00 am and since I'm tied here for at least a couple of hours and everything is on autopilot I'll make this boring post. Some of you have p-mailed me about processing large orders so here it is.
At first glance this seems pretty straightforward. One color white front/back 20,000 pcs. But wait, it's for mens and womens bodies with a reduction in the graphic. Not a huge deal but......we have to ship in "pulses" meaning the order is on fire and they need as much as possible by Monday morning in both genders and across all sizes. A second shipment Tuesday and the balance the next day. It would have been nice if it was an even size scale but no. So for this weekend we have a very specific pull, with the mediums being the largest quantity. The "luxury" of being here all weekend is that we can attack the order in a bit more orderly fashion. Four presses, two on fronts, two on backs. The two outer presses on backs while the inner ones are on fronts. There is a method to this madness and it's all about minimizing the footprint. Everyone running the same size until complete, then on to the next and so on. After all the truck won't be here till Monday.
Meanwhile at 7:30 as the pull begins the press ops are all vigorously scrubbing screens and shaking there heads. As I was distracted I neglected to explain in my best (which is bad) Spanish that this graphic was trying to simulate chalkboard writing. After several Spanglish moments and amusing gestures all was understood.
So that's my morning so far. We are blessed to have a loyal and honest crew where, once settled in, we can leave the factory and return at closing to lock up. So there is some time for football. Tomorrow we will step and repeat although that should be pretty smooth sailing.
To everyone have a great weekend and SGIA show for those attending.
signing off tp

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 12:22:31 PM »
really stupid question -when I do a discharge print, I wash the shirts first so they can wear right away -I am safely assuming you don't? Do you put a hang tag with wash before wear on it or assume people will always do just that?

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my colors to "pop". .always so flat, I guess my percentages are off. . maybe I should try the CCI and ditch the matsui.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 08:28:56 PM »
really stupid question -when I do a discharge print, I wash the shirts first so they can wear right away -I am safely assuming you don't? Do you put a hang tag with wash before wear on it or assume people will always do just that?

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my colors to "pop". .always so flat, I guess my percentages are off. . maybe I should try the CCI and ditch the matsui.

I am probably going to get killed for this but all garments should be washed before being worn. Discharge or not. Ever seen a dye factory and how garments get their color? Hell, you should wash out the inside of your brand new car and drive with all the windows down for a month or two until that new car smell is gone. You know what that smell is?  You don't wanna know. I read a list of the chemicals some time ago and I am sure you can Google it. Its not good and made discharge printing look like roses. But I am getting off point now. We do notify all of our clients wholesale and retail but the very very large orders for us like Tony's the client already knows the deal. Then its up to them when we do the hangtag and polybag whether or not they slap a sticker on there informing the public. Either way just cover your ass with a signed form of consent if needed.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
Don't forget this warning as well, just to CYA.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?