Author Topic: Too good to be true?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Too good to be true?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 11:58:13 PM »
Get it checked out and if it's good, just buy it, getting an auto as soon as I could was the single best thing I did for my shop. That thing looks squeaky clean.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 09:40:31 AM »
You're already using S thread so make sure those V squeegees are sharp, or better yet, buy new blades.  Those 2 things will help with the V squeegee problems, or lack of ability is a better way to describe it. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »
we had really good results with 70/90/70's in those... I tried a 70/90/70 + 60/90/60 combination but couldn't get it to work well enough due to the fact that you really can't get the blades to stand nearly straight up very easilly.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »
Thanks for the advice everyone. I spoke to the dealer that sold him the press and they said it is lightly used. The only issue is that its been moved several times and has been sitting for 4 years. Not sure if that can cause any problems or damage to the press or compressor. He told me he has a strange vibe from the seller so I backed off a little. Getting some quotes on a new Titan from a local dealer. Volt is a little to pricey for me right now, but I wouldn't mind having a press that runs without an air compressor.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 10:33:45 AM »
Thanks for the advice everyone. I spoke to the dealer that sold him the press and they said it is lightly used. The only issue is that its been moved several times and has been sitting for 4 years. Not sure if that can cause any problems or damage to the press or compressor. He told me he has a strange vibe from the seller so I backed off a little. Getting some quotes on a new Titan from a local dealer. Volt is a little to pricey for me right now, but I wouldn't mind having a press that runs without an air compressor.

It may very well be necessary to bring in a tech to check it over... and worth it probably too. Your increase in production will take care of your upfront costs...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 11:56:32 AM »
If you are considering the Titan I would suggest taking a look at the Workhorse Freedom Express as well.