Author Topic: Best way to send half tone Corel files to a Novice  (Read 2228 times)

Offline studog

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
  • I am back
Best way to send half tone Corel files to a Novice
« on: August 22, 2016, 02:18:36 PM »
I am doing some art work for one of my old competitors and as I travel I need to be able to send him the seps including halftones from Corel. What is the best/easiest way as he has almost no knowledge of AI/Corel and would like to send something like a pdf containing each color separated with registration marks and the correct size half tones....

Offline Ryan

Re: Best way to send half tone Corel files to a Novice
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 03:29:27 PM »
Not sure it helps, but I print to ADOBE PDF and it separates the colors. I honestly don't know if it just set up that way or If I had to do something way back when, but its how I do all my files now. I rely on my rip for the halftones, though if they don't have a postscript printer, they are out of luck anyways (i think)

Offline larryk

• !!!
Re: Best way to send half tone Corel files to a Novice
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »
Not sure how many colors you are using but one way to do it is give each color it's own page. After it has a page convert the page to a bmp. Then convert that bmp to a B&W bmp..... when you are converting to B&W you can assign the kind of dot to use and also the lines per inch. Make sure your conversion method is set to halftone.