Author Topic: 12 color separation video  (Read 1887 times)

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
12 color separation video
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:14:12 PM »
Here's a video I made while doing a 12 color separation.  All of the masks are made manually, without the use of layers (Although layers are helpful most of the time).

http://tinyurl.com/66zv77k
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: 12 color separation video
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 07:37:55 PM »
Here's a video I made while doing a 12 color separation.  All of the masks are made manually, without the use of layers (Although layers are helpful most of the time).

http://tinyurl.com/66zv77k

Very nice work. Whats the fee for a private viewing at real time speed?  ;D
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »
There's no audio yet, so it would still be hard to tell what i'm doing with all of the keyboard shortcuts that i do.  My hope is to add some voiceover audio and release an instructional separation DVD if there is a demand for that.
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »
I thought the vid was awesome it was at a perfect speed to match the music. Pretty cool.
"No man is an island"

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:27:09 PM »
I'd be game for some instruction.  It looks like your overall method is pretty much what I'm used to, though much more refined.   I noticed you doing some things with channel options I think that are alien to me, but I lack basic instruction on using PS features from a color separators point of view. 

If other printers are like myself, they're focused on color interaction on-press when separating and working against the clock so to hell with taking time to learn more about how to use PS, I'll just keep floundering around until I get what I want.  I know it's a bad m.o. but get annoyed reading tutorials on these basics that are geared toward other industries.  It'd be nice to learn while keeping your 'eyes on the prize' so to speak.   Make that tut vid and I'll buy one.