Author Topic: USA Elections, whaddya think?  (Read 14320 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: USA Elections, whaddya think?
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2016, 02:21:11 PM »
You NEVER saw any of this by the tea party.  As a matter of fact, we cleaned up after ourselves.  Rioters right now are lighting crap on fire and clashing with police.

Malheur?

Certainly didn't clean up after that one...

I don't recall the Tea Party being a part of that one.  Most of those are sovereign staters and militiamen. 

Offline Northland

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »
... several quick observations:
1) Democracy works, those who voted chose the politicians that will govern.
2) Roughly 50% of the population didn't vote... that's pitiful.
3) In the swing states about 35% didn't vote... again, pitiful
4) The democratic party turn-out in 2008 was almost 70 million, in 2016 around 60 million.
5) How people could believe that a man who has never actually done one decent thing for the "common" man will be looking out for their future baffles me.  Hell, he refuses give any consideration to the impact of global warning, which easily has the potential to pose more danger to this country's future than immigrants, terrorists and trade deals combined.
6) I, for one, won't rest easy knowing he has access to nuclear strike capability.
7) The rest of governing falls into the hands of congress, which has never been all that impressive, regardless of party make-up. But we have always survived (and at times thrived) no matter how inept they performed their duties.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2016, 02:39:03 PM »
I see a lot of sky is falling style posts.... if you are wrong expect to be called out on that if it doesn't fall. Over reacting really doesn't help any situation.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline trebor

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2016, 03:20:47 PM »
Both George Washington and John Adams warned of the problems of the two party system over two hundred years ago. Seems as if the hit the nail right on the head.

John Adams said:

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.

George Washington agreed, saying in his farewell presidential speech:

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2016, 03:23:31 PM »
No excuse for riots regardless of who you support.  That said, people are reacting strongly because the guy has been shitting on minorities, immigrants, women, etc for the whole campaign and those groups are scared and angry.  I don't blame them for feeling that way, even if I don't condone their actions.

Can you please reference these events in which your say DT is shitting on minorities, immigrants, women, "ETC" - BTW what falls into etc? I have a few very close family members and friends that have dealt personally with DT and his network since the early 80's in which every single one of them have nothing but positive things to say. I have multiple stories that he went out of his way to help these so called crap ons.

The majority of people acting strongly have no effing clue what they are even protesting over and it seems like there's little to no substance in these arguments. The way people react to a story is mainly due to how the story was presented. The media drives theses stories of Trump treating people like crap but there's no basis behind it. It reminds me of this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anNWYPfK2oU

A great example of the type of people that are out on the streets rioting...... The majority have not a damn clue

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »
Smart (legal) minorities and underemployed (legal) minorities should have been Trumps number 1 supporter.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2016, 03:30:59 PM »
off the top of my head "etc" would include people with disabilities, LGBT folks, muslims, jews, and POW's.  Sorry I didn't put the full list in my original list. :shrug:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=trump+racist+and+misogynistic+quotes

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2016, 03:31:51 PM »
No excuse for riots regardless of who you support.  That said, people are reacting strongly because the guy has been shitting on minorities, immigrants, women, etc for the whole campaign and those groups are scared and angry.  I don't blame them for feeling that way, even if I don't condone their actions.

Can you please reference these events in which your say DT is shitting on minorities, immigrants, women, "ETC" - BTW what falls into etc? I have a few very close family members and friends that have dealt personally with DT and his network since the early 80's in which every single one of them have nothing but positive things to say. I have multiple stories that he went out of his way to help these so called crap ons.

The majority of people acting strongly have no effing clue what they are even protesting over and it seems like there's little to no substance in these arguments. The way people react to a story is mainly due to how the story was presented. The media drives theses stories of Trump treating people like crap but there's no basis behind it. It reminds me of this video -

A great example of the type of people that are out on the streets rioting...... The majority have not a damn clue

You honestly need proof of how he treats and respects women? This is the same guy that when he dislikes you as a woman he criticizes your looks. This is the same guy that on national TV made fun of a disabled reporter. This is the same guy that repeatedly over and over made fun of Hillary because he assumed she was sick. This is the same guy that believes if you have are in position to either judge or opine about and you are not white then its unfair to Trump. This is the same guy that brags about going into dressing rooms with women because he is the owner (this includes teenage pageants).
"No man is an island"

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 03:32:30 PM »
They're US elections, Pierre--we're not supposed to think.

FWIW, I just popped in to clarify something--we are not a democracy, we are a democratic republic.
I'll leave it up to reader exercise to understand how important that is in the current context.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »
It reminds me of this video -

This!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »
They're US elections, Pierre--we're not supposed to think.

FWIW, I just popped in to clarify something--we are not a democracy, we are a democratic republic.
I'll leave it up to reader exercise to understand how important that is in the current context.
I like this post.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2016, 03:39:36 PM »

"This video of cherry picked idiots on TV proves everyone who doesn't like the guy who has said racist and misogynistic crap throughout the campaign has no idea why they don't like him!" OK, yea...

But hey, there are a bunch of dumbasses out there, so we better cut even more funding to schools to fix it, right? right?

Offline trebor

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »
Is there a difference between being a racist and being insensitive and if so, where is that line?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2016, 10:13:51 AM »
this describes it PERFECTLY for me.  Warning, language...and really annoying camera work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
this describes it PERFECTLY for me.  Warning, language...and really annoying camera work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Very well said...