Author Topic: Alan SRI Monogramming joining the GT3 Family!!! Woooooooop  (Read 7635 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Alan SRI Monogramming joining the GT3 Family!!! Woooooooop
« on: November 22, 2016, 07:57:03 PM »
I just waned to congratulate my buddy Alan for ordering a new M&R GT3 auto. I know you must be excited man!! You are going to love it man! Talk about starting your Texas holiday off right. Now you will have a new big Blue machine to match that killer Blue dryer you have bro! Congrats, can't wait to hear how you like it!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Alan SRI Monogramming joining the GT3 Family!!! Woooooooop
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:08:24 AM »
Congrats!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 08:53:45 AM »
Woah that's a big switch in tooling! From side clamp to front/rear, different squeegee/floods and pallets. Can't argue with the choice, but where does that leave the RPM? Did he also go DTS? I bet he did :) Congrats!

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »
Congratulations Alan. Here's to hoping you're too busy to be posting and we'll see you back soon.

Murphy

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 10:30:35 AM »
very cool! Congratulations!

anything being added?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »
Yeah - Congrats - looking forward to the cool reports!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 10:51:59 AM »
Woah that's a big switch in tooling! From side clamp to front/rear, different squeegee/floods and pallets. Can't argue with the choice, but where does that leave the RPM? Did he also go DTS? I bet he did :) Congrats!

I know he's slammed picking up for being down a body in the business right now, so I asked if I could post a contrats post. I'm sure he'll be able to give the full skinny. From what I know, he's keeping the RPM for now too, I think that's smart, I know we still use our DB and glad when we got our GT3 that we kept the old press. It will be in use, I'm sure of it. I know the going from sides to front and rear difference has been awesome for us, SO much faster, and the Teardown and park heads feature makes that so easy and fast for break down set ups. He's gonna love it. Not to mention how dam fast it is.  ;D

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:02:28 AM »
A little off topic, but why is front and rear faster?

I have front and rear on my Sabre but I'd think that side would be faster, but I've never owned side so I have no clue.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 11:12:00 AM »
front and rear is only an issue if you don't have an open space in the next head to remove the screen.  Then you have to flip the head up, its just an extra step.

I prefer loading a side clamp machine, but I much prefer micros on a front/back machine.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 11:14:11 AM »

I have front and rear on my Sabre but I'd think that side would be faster, but I've never owned side so I have no clue.

my opinion is that with the park heads feature and the flip up front screen holders, you can swap out (or rotate a screen if ganging) without removing squeegee and flood...

there's some weeks here where head 2 (our 'white' head) never has the squeegee and flood removed... just pull the screen, put the next screen in and go... 

most slide clamp presses don't have a way to unlock one of the holders to swap out the screen, so you have to remove the squeegee and flood.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 11:14:46 AM »

Park feature lets you pull a screen out without taking the squeegee and flood out if I remember right. Front/rear clamps are faster but side clamps make double exposing on one screen easier so you can move the prints farther away from the center of the screen. If my press had front/rear clamps it would greatly limit the flexibility of exposing two sets of art on one screen. This isn't an issue once you get past a certain size shop/production I'm sure as Alan knows.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 11:59:18 AM »

my opinion is that with the park heads feature and the flip up front screen holders, you can swap out (or rotate a screen if ganging) without removing squeegee and flood...

there's some weeks here where head 2 (our 'white' head) never has the squeegee and flood removed... just pull the screen, put the next screen in and go... 

most slide clamp presses don't have a way to unlock one of the holders to swap out the screen, so you have to remove the squeegee and flood.

We can remove the screen on our side clamps 2M machine without removing squeegee and flood.  You have to move the print carriage all the way to the front and have the pallets in a half index position and it drops down quite easily.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 12:12:48 PM »
My opinion is side clamps suck ass compared to front/rear. When we had our dback I hated the side clamps all around. The only advantage I saw was the ability to have a longer stroke/use more screen but other then that no go for us.

But anyways, congrats on that big purchase! New equipment is always the best!

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 12:31:04 PM »
My opinion is side clamps suck ass compared to front/rear. When we had our dback I hated the side clamps all around. The only advantage I saw was the ability to have a longer stroke/use more screen but other then that no go for us.

But anyways, congrats on that big purchase! New equipment is always the best!

I agree with Danny on my opinion, that's far as it goes LOL I like side clamps, but both have there place in many shops, all about what you like ;)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 01:22:58 PM »
Super agree with Danny.  The flip up head on the m&r is fast and easy giving full access to the print carriage.  Even if you didn't pakr, you can quickly drop the front of the screen down reach in and pull the carriage forward.  I freaking hate the side clamps. The front rear carriage position sensors allow you to use the most of your screen too if you wanted to mirror designs on one screen, but that is up to debate on what us preferred for daily speed. I prefer to have fresh screens for every set up.

Cool thing in the teardown set up menu is you can activate heads that have set ups in them when you park the heads, hit one button and it sends everything that is on to the front position for quicker tear down. comes in handy when you have 11 or 12 screens to yank out. The ink dam feature and ink dip features we use daily as well, they are pretty awesome. So much stuff to use.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 01:48:28 PM by screenprintguy »