Author Topic: What do you guys use to wash your hands?  (Read 5225 times)

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
Re: What do you guys use to wash your hands?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
getting ink on your hands is a part of the job don`t get fuzzy boys ;D

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 04:35:51 PM »
Believe it or not AJAX dish soap and a soft scrub pad.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 05:11:50 PM »
gloves (my personal preference even though rest of the ppl here don't care for them much)

and

SAATI Remove HC8. Best stuff ever!!! It does smell like bubble gum, but it just removes the ink instantaneously and it has hand conditioner in it. Sold by SAATI directly, I think I paid $36 for the gallon. Bought two gallons about six months ago and still have half a gallon left!

We used to use the GoJo and pumice based stuff, but this works much better, faster and is easier on your hands.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
Let me write that down for my next order. :)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 06:07:28 AM »
we like Franmar greenway in 5 gal lots and use it for all ink cleaning issues including hand wash too, right from spray bottles, fast and clean, cuts down on inventory.
keep a few spray bottles smartly placed with some old tee shirts and hands clean quick and easy.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 06:09:27 AM »
I've seen the guys in my buddy's shop using dehazer but that seems like a bad idea.

What do you guys... soap and water surely doesn't REALLY get any ink off your hands.

we think this is a bad idea , dehaze has typically a fair amount of caustic (sodium hydroxide) bad for skin worse for lungs
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
I know this sounds gimmicky, but I bought a hand cleaner from Texsourceonline specifically for screen printing.  It was on sale with the wall dispenser which is why I got it, I like wall dispensers.  Anyway, it's thicker than gojo, reminds me more of the Snap-On hand cleaner, does a great job, doesn't slip out of your hands like gojo. like gojo.

http://www.texsourceonline.com/p-1775-texmagic-hand-cleaner.aspx

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 07:39:13 AM »
We use gojo or these incredible little hand wipes from uline that take everything off your hands. I think home depot sells a cheaper yet still effective version.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 08:42:02 AM »
Waterless hand wipes. Keep a container by each work area. No more trips to the restroom to wash your hands. Time savings alone pays for the higher cost. Just saying.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »
Seriously guys? Gloves?  I guess we are just clean around here.  Occasionally ink does get on our hands, on the press, on the buckets and on the tables, but it gets wiped up quickly and a quick little rub on the hands with a paper towel and no ink will transfer.  We usually wash our hands twice a day, once before lunch and once when we shut down, and we use the Saati HC8.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »
Like some others, I use the creamy hand cleaners from auto parts stores, whichever is the best deal of the day.
I also use gloves while working on the car, and yes, they work like a sauna.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 10:45:41 AM »
Seriously guys? Gloves?  I guess we are just clean around here.  Occasionally ink does get on our hands, on the press, on the buckets and on the tables, but it gets wiped up quickly and a quick little rub on the hands with a paper towel and no ink will transfer.  We usually wash our hands twice a day, once before lunch and once when we shut down, and we use the Saati HC8.

Gloves when touching ink buckets and coating screens but not while printing.

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 09:01:55 PM »
Gojo hand cleaner if you screwed up and made a mess.
( got some white gunk as well, can't remember the name of it..automotive stuff )
Solvent occassionally when there's no time for a run to the sink.
Soap is best. Get a thing of Sunlight. Keep a scrub-brush at the sink.
If everything's going right, you shouldn't get very dirty.

Teach the 'kids' that it doesn't take much ( of any of it ) either, or they'll make a bigger mess.

We use gloves for the dirty work, because with gloves on, everything becomes dirty work.
Just how it seems to work out here.
They mostly get used when cleaning or washing screens. They keep your hands drier, unless
you wear them for too long..

* I kant spell edit
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:42:02 AM by Chadwick »

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »
I use gloves to put the ink on the screens and to clean the screens but we use gojo
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »
We have a box of those rubber gloves I use at times, but most of the time if I get ink on my hands I go right to the sink and use soap & water cleans right up.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!