Author Topic: S.Roque Sleeves  (Read 5111 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: S.Roque Sleeves
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 06:56:13 PM »
We've been in the process of building new arms for one of our presses here that will be used primarily for sleeves. Once we have some videos I'll post it up.

Dang, that seems extreme.  Did you try this dual outboard I linked?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »
Chris,

Danny has them.  He gets all the fun toys.

I am curious what he is cooking up though.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 11:47:23 AM »
Chris,

I actually dont have the new dual pallets LOL........ I saw it first in long beach sitting on the small you press but have not tested those
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 12:02:53 PM »
Chris,

I actually dont have the new dual pallets LOL........ I saw it first in long beach sitting on the small you press but have not tested those

Saw them there also, looked legit. Sturdy. I just kinda cringe at the thought of outfitting a press with a full set of specialty pallets... Double indexing would allow you to buy half the amount I just don't like losing the unload station then.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »
Chris,

.... No Way.......  Why did we not send you a set? 
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 04:49:00 PM »
Agreed Alex, it does add maybe 4-8 grand to the press, depending on the size of the machine you like to put sleeves on and whether or not double index/cancel pallet is acceptable to you,  to print sleeves in a reasonable manner.  1964GN's shop's threading design would have been significantly lower in cost and kept the pre press unified since you could use them in or out of threading mode as a standard 4-5" platen or as a threading one. (again, very clever design) but Ryonet didn't have interest in exploring that option or maybe ruled it out.

Anyways, yes, a bit of an oversight for a market that prints almost exclusively on finished goods but this solution is ok with me if it gets our sleeves running at something that resembles normal print speeds again. 

Only real downsides I see of this dual model are:

Have to remove all the feet.  Not that the feet are super necessary but I like having them there for support in the event a honeycomb platen takes on some load it shouldn't, i.e., somebody leans on it too hard while scrubbing platens.

Hoodies have to load directionally since there's no room for the hood and add'l fabric.  So that's left hoodie sleeve on left side of this platen only, right only on right side. 

Requires an 18" wide blade to properly register art on both arms.  No big but 23"w frames can't accommodate an 18" wing flood so you're stuck with a 16" flood and 18" blade to get this done proper.  Where's action eng. with the dual sleeve, double wing flood bar?....just kidding, mostly.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 07:08:30 PM »
Chris,

I have been in a couple shops using the double sleeve platens and we used the standard 16 inch squeegees and floodbars without issues.  I helped design it so you wouldn't need to change.

What are you seeing that you need a wider squeegee?

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 08:22:40 PM »
I was just about to ask about 23x31 frames and 16" floods and squeegees. That's all we run right now on our 8/10 You
So can it work that way?
They are dam expensive.  I was thinking about getting just 5 to go every other.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2019, 07:47:43 AM »
Updates:

1964GN's shop has some really smart custom platens they built that I heavily considered having built for ours.  They thread beneath the top piece of the tooling and the arm.  Still working out for you all over there?  Thanks to you and Mike again for chatting with me on these.

Yes, they are working extremely well for us. Perfect? No. But pretty damn close and worth every penny. With that said, we would like to pick up a small 3-4 color press dedicated to sleeves, pockets, etc. Put the sucker on wheels and just push it out of the way we not in use.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2019, 09:32:54 AM »
Requires an 18" wide blade to properly register art on both arms.  No big but 23"w frames can't accommodate an 18" wing flood so you're stuck with a 16" flood and 18" blade to get this done proper.  Where's action eng. with the dual sleeve, double wing flood bar?....just kidding, mostly.

You can flood with an 18" squeegee.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2019, 03:09:29 PM »
The reg wasn't quite perfect with the 16" w. blade, bang on with the 18".  Might be because we round corners?  I dunno but it made the press op happy to use the wider one.  Works for me!

Yep, 18" blade would be a good flood there.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 08:51:39 PM »
The reg wasn't quite perfect with the 16" w. blade, bang on with the 18".  Might be because we round corners?  I dunno but it made the press op happy to use the wider one.  Works for me!

Yep, 18" blade would be a good flood there.

Odd.

Depending on how rounded - and how close you push the width, I can see potential - but you guys had it happen so I am not going to argue :)

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2019, 08:48:03 AM »
I really don't know why Ryonet or Action don't have any interest in our design. They work amazingly well for long sleeves, short sleeves, on pocket, koozies, you name it. Over pallet arm load or threaded. We aren't engineers. I would think they would be able to improve on our design *shrug*

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2019, 06:44:30 AM »
Chris,

Saw them there also, looked legit. Sturdy. I just kinda cringe at the thought of outfitting a press with a full set of specialty pallets... Double indexing would allow you to buy half the amount I just don't like losing the unload station then.

Run it normal and just use the void pallet feature.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2019, 12:36:06 PM »
I really don't know why Ryonet or Action don't have any interest in our design. They work amazingly well for long sleeves, short sleeves, on pocket, koozies, you name it. Over pallet arm load or threaded. We aren't engineers. I would think they would be able to improve on our design *shrug*

I know I've been out of the loop for a while, ut do you have any links to the pallets you guys made? You have my interest now.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com