Author Topic: anyone else in the fetal position in the bathroom?  (Read 2185 times)

Offline shellyky

anyone else in the fetal position in the bathroom?
« on: April 27, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »
...or is it just me? LOL   :'(

sorry i hate tornados/wind and theyre apparently swooping all around me.  I have Enya playing on my phone to drown out the sounds of death i hear.  i have all my supplies in here and im setup pretty well.  brandt on the other hand is just on the couch watching TV--he will be the first to get sucked into a vortex...

Offline killergraphics

Re: anyone else in the fetal position in the bathroom?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
Good Luck

I've been though 3 and it ain't no cake walk.

Offline Clark

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:35:25 PM »
Stay safe!  And if Brandt gets sucked in, no worries..artists are easy to replace. ;D

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »
Oh no! Hope you guys make it through the storm safe and sound.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:33 PM »
I think that we are getting some bad winds tonight too.
Nice sleeping weather

Online Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »
Years ago on tour I woke up in the hotel to an alarm going off. Sunday morning, way too early to leave. I walk out the door and all the locals are in the center of the middle hallway, on the floor bracing against the walls. Dude nearest me looks like he is trying not to piss his pants.

When you see the locals freaking out, you know it's bad.

We take a head count and the bass player isn't there. "I think he's in the bus!"

I'm the only one with shoes on so far...

I run out to get him through the biggest hail I have ever encountered, some almost golf ball size, pelting the crap out of me across the parking lot. Most painful 100 yard dash ever.

He ain't in the bus.

The sky is turning into green/grey miso soup but the hail has let up enough to make a sprint back into the hotel.

Eventually everything settles down. A small tornado touched down briefly a few miles from us but no one got injured, just some sheds got tore up.

When the alarms went off our bass player (hung over, green hair and all) was next door huddled into back room of a coffee shop with 20 or so very old church ladies who were probably more scared of him than the storm.

I vowed never to move to a place where that happens all the time. I'll take the earthquakes.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline shellyky

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 07:25:43 AM »
LOL....well i made it thru the night--5 tornado warnings later.  one was headed straight for the shop according to the TV but it is still standing thank goodness.  i think this is very rare for the area--i dont remember but 1-2 nasty storms last summer...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:17:01 AM »
I was watching the news last night wondering about y'all.  Good to see you're safe.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
I was on the porch for most of it.  If its my time its my time. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube