Author Topic: Another new guy  (Read 1480 times)

Offline xcelr8hard

• Verified/Junior
Another new guy
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »
Hello from Tucson, Az. My name is Butch, and I have been printing for about 5 years now. I am a one man shop out of my garage. Everything I know has come from forums and YouTube University. Spot color jobs is all I'm really doing at this point. It is time to really learn and put into practice all the cool things that can be done in the shop i.e. fine halftones, sim process, better printing technique.
I have spent a lot of time on another tshirt forum, but find this an overall better place to be. There is so much great information here coming from people that are doing great things. After spending quite a few hours looking through thread after thread, it appears I have a lot to learn.
I am running a Riley Hopkins 6/4, Newman Rollers, Workhorse LED exposure unit(if it ever arrives), and a lot of DIY stuff.

Thanks,
Butch

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Another new guy
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
Welcome aboard Butch.
Looking forward to your participation, and maybe seeing some of your DIY projects. That's a popular section here.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »
If you have Photoshop, I recommend giving UltraSeps a trial run when you get ready to try your hand generating halftones for sim processes.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline xcelr8hard

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »
Thank you for the UltraSeps tip. I will give it a try.

Thanks,
Butch

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:52:06 PM »
Check out this 40 minute video demo even before you even try the trial -

http://www.ultraseps.com/ultraseps_demo_video.php

I know there are many others on the market and while I have not tried all of them, this is the one I ended up buying.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:55:55 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers