Author Topic: Spot Cleaning Gun  (Read 7680 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Spot Cleaning Gun
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
I'd be very very wary of putting aspirated flammable chems through a wet/dry or anything without a shielded motor.
Just me though.

Many, many guns are sold under many different names. I've seen a total of maybe
3 different actual guns in my time.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »
most of the chemicals are not flammable.  try using a lighter when it comes out the end of the gun in a fine mist.  even acetone is tough to light that way.  it can be done, but it's tough....FLAMETHROWER!!!

Offline DILLON

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »
I had a CCI gun I used it for two shirts and the nozzle clogged, it was brand new. I tried to return it with no luck they said I must have not stored it properly, I just opened it! I tried to find a new nozzle and no one could locate one for me. Now it just sits and looks pretty totally useless to me. If you know where to get parts let me know, Oh it had no paper work with it either so no parts lists big thumbs down on CCI spot gun

You can get replacement parts for that style gun through performance screen supply. I think it's like 2 bux..

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 04:23:04 PM »
Been using the homemade exhaust for a few years now never had a problem with flames.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »
I had a CCI gun I used it for two shirts and the nozzle clogged, it was brand new. I tried to return it with no luck they said I must have not stored it properly, I just opened it! I tried to find a new nozzle and no one could locate one for me. Now it just sits and looks pretty totally useless to me. If you know where to get parts let me know, Oh it had no paper work with it either so no parts lists big thumbs down on CCI spot gun

You can get replacement parts for that style gun through performance screen supply. I think it's like 2 bux..
will check out THANKS!!
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »
i got my spot cleaning gun today i tested it and it got 2 stains out of a t shirt in my rag bin.  i tried c60 on it and it didn't touch it.  i think im going to be real happy with my purchase.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »
Got the CCI edition of our series of cheap-ass spot guns yesterday, looking forward to checking it out.  It's simpler looking than the 'babs' one but still similar.  If anyone needs replacement parts for one in the CCI style, it appears to be made be arrow. The one pictured in this link are a different, more like 'babs' model than the CCI gun but the replacement nozzle appears the same.  $15 here.

http://carusew.com/spotcleaning/arrow.htm

My issue was always with the threaded part on the babs gun (on top of the unit) stripping out almost instantly, just a really obvious defect and nobody should be selling anything at any price that's defective out of the box.  The CCI style one doesn't appear to have this part so I'm hoping to at least get a year out of it.