Author Topic: Who has the best bang for the buck in autos?  (Read 34515 times)

Offline David005

• Verified/Junior
Re: Who has the best bang for the buck in autos?
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »
Equipment

Offline CityMachine

« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2011, 10:51:15 AM »
There seems to be a lot of talk in this topic about MHM, M&R, RPM, etc. what about Anatol, Workhorse, etc. do we have any other brand users here?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »
 :-X

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »
I think Workhorse is double the money of what they should be in the Freedom and Javelin models. The Falcons are the only machines that I would consider from that manufacturer.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
Rich Hoffman

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »
the way I see it, the top dogs are there for a reason. That speaks volumes... I am going with M&R for many reasons, but the main reason is customer service. You guys said it, at the end of the day all the machines will all print shirts. But is after the sale that means the world to me. I met with Glen Carliss about a month ago, he walked me through every phase of laying out my new shop, and I have to say, I have never met such a cool guy, proud to work and represent M&R, I felt like he was honest and willing to help me - and I'm not a huge company. But the guy still took time out of his day to meet with me and go over plans and we bullshtted for a few hours. I am excited to know these guys have my back, that's what makes me sleep at night. And Barnsy is trying to get me on a mustang, and I am definitely looking at it, but I sincerely trust M&R with my business. And if you knew me, there are only a hand few of people I sincerely trust. . . my business is my life.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2011, 01:34:14 PM »
but I sincerely trust M&R with my business. And if you knew me, there are only a hand few of people I sincerely trust. . . my business is my life.

I trusted M&R, it did well for me. 

I think you already know what to do.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »
I think that trust and respect (and the reciprocal return of respect) may even trump the absolute bottom line.
There are companies out there whose pasts come into play in these purchasing decisions.
Bankruptcies, boasts of wealth but of never making good on financial settlements, public attacks on rivals, and just general disrespect  can (rightly) get in the way of deals with folks who have souls, or at least a good set of values. To some folks, character counts.

Fortunately for at least one guy and his team, there are many potential buyers unaware of past behavior. There are also some who are seduced by financial incentives, no matter the cost to the soul.
Bummer, as bad behavior should never be rewarded.
And unlike what I was told by a principle player in one of these companies, deceit does not need to be standard operation procedure or integral to the marketing of equipment.

These features are a less tangible part of the equation, but need to be factored in as well.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 02:06:15 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #174 on: January 07, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
Wanna bring this thread back to life as I just came across the M&R Diamondback XL 8 color 10 station servo driven with a 20x21 print at about 35K, seems like a great value. Anybody running one? I guess if you added AC heads you would be in the price range of a similiar RPM but with the digital controls the RPM may get the nod. Or if RPM had pneumatic printheads it would be close to the price of the Diamondback, hmmm.