Author Topic: Coronavirus - effects on business  (Read 24329 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Coronavirus - effects on business
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »
crazy rumors floating around, end of next week there will be nationwide shutdown...

I'm probably alone in this thinking but... If we let this virus play out, it would only effect X amount of people, yes people will get sick, some will die...but....If we shut down the economy, we effect every single person in the entire country...personally, I'd rather gamble and let it go. I'd rather be sick in the hospital, pissing blood with my brains dripping out and have a healthy economy than be healthy, sitting at home worrying if my business I spent over half my life making is going to survive.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2020, 10:55:17 AM »
crazy rumors floating around, end of next week there will be nationwide shutdown...

I'm probably alone in this thinking but... If we let this virus play out, it would only effect X amount of people, yes people will get sick, some will die...but....If we shut down the economy, we effect every single person in the entire country...personally, I'd rather gamble and let it go. I'd rather be sick in the hospital, pissing blood with my brains dripping out and have a healthy economy than be healthy, sitting at home worrying if my business I spent over half my life making is going to survive.
They are trying to shut down today but are looking at dealys. It will most likely be before next friday.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2020, 11:17:25 AM »
ive contacted my lender on my emb machine. Delayed for a month. Talked to my landlord for the business, he understands, but i told him ill send what i can.

IF EVERYONE paid their PO's i can go a month... BUT they are not..LOL

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2020, 11:19:35 AM »
Oh.. its just me another my manager here. I have enough to finish up until next wed. Because its only 2 of us we have been slow finished things. Well its mostly him working, ive been hammering away trying to find orders. I ve been getting 2 small ones per day. I know that will prob disappear soon... we have 4 on unemployment already.

Offline Nitrox73

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2020, 11:40:23 AM »
That's funny
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:28:34 PM by Nitrox73 »

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2020, 12:01:39 PM »

Homer you made me laugh, but I know your dead serious, but the monster we are facing can be beat if we make a stand all together, what your talking about might have one last man standing still with the monster still coming at you, I'd rather made a stand and save as many as possible, just my thinking ;)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2020, 12:44:12 PM »
Just a heads up, I spoke with Geneva Capital yesterday, I wasn't looking for forgiveness on payments, but while I had him on the phone I did ask what were they going to do?  He said they would give me 90 days no payments if I asked for it, probably even could stretch it to 6 months.  However we do have good credit and have used them for years. FYI!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2020, 12:45:06 PM »

The economy is already shut down. It's just still slowing to a stop.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline aauusa

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2020, 03:04:14 PM »

The problem is with this thinking is that you will not have a bed in a hospital and we will be like Italy bury the dead in pits.   and do you think we have a healthy economy now?   maybe 3 weeks ago but not now.   plus we have 330 million people and with a death rate of 2%  gives us 6.6 million dead.    that is not something I would like to see happen.

I say rip the bandaide off now and shut it all down as this is what is going to happen in the end anyways

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2020, 03:10:10 PM »

The problem is with this thinking is that you will not have a bed in a hospital and we will be like Italy bury the dead in pits.   and do you think we have a healthy economy now?   maybe 3 weeks ago but not now.   plus we have 330 million people and with a death rate of 2%  gives us 6.6 million dead.    that is not something I would like to see happen.

I say rip the bandaide off now and shut it all down as this is what is going to happen in the end anyways

Not necessarily.  The research coming out now shows great promise with hydroxychloroquine and a z-pack shows an incredible ability to kill the virus in 6 days or less.  More study is needed, but this is very promising.

A vaccine is a minimum of 14 months off...that will be the nail in the coffin of COVID-19's ability to go pandemic ever again.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2020, 03:46:46 PM »

Most are already getting drilled, so I fully agree. Lock the crap down for minimum 14 days, meaning full USA non essential services. The way its going right now many of us have or will be closing before the full band-aid rip and we get to suffer for X amount of time before they finally pull that sucker off.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2020, 04:19:44 PM »
Hard to believe this great nation and other countries are being brought to our knees by a invisible killer, and that scare's people and myself to death,  the economy will bounce back in time, it's just who will bounce back with it.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »
NYS All non essential business are closed until further notice.  So we are closing it down, shutting the doors and waiting, hoping this won't take longer than we can afford. So much for my gung ho I'm gonna go sales rep it hard on anything left and try to keep it going.  Sitting ducks....   My wife has a list of projects at home waiting.

Offline Flash Ink

« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2020, 05:42:58 PM »
I dont know if this will help anyone, but I am looking into it. https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/Index Its the small business association disaster loan site. I may have to do this to keep my business while the world shuts down. 

Offline Nitrox73

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2020, 06:09:07 PM »
I dont know if this will help anyone, but I am looking into it. https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/Index Its the small business association disaster loan site. I may have to do this to keep my business while the world shuts down.

I posted this earlier, it took 5 hours to get it done but I have a ton of free time.

I'm actually making face mask now with our ZSK. There's a massive shortage and our local hospital is in dire need along with the nursing homes and cancer units. My wife works there and we have a lot of nursing home/assisted living clients. I'm making them for free. If you're interested check out this video

https://www.facebook.com/kelly.pfender/videos/10219814826108607/

Here's the video they reference-
https://www.deaconess.com/How-to-make-a-Face-Mask?fbclid=IwAR0ck-O83uGekME_rUXwWr2hB93E0kymA4u9Yzbd9nff0vIF6NGfYI0kEFE