Author Topic: Butter beans and Pork Chops  (Read 552 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Butter beans and Pork Chops
« on: April 14, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »
It's what I first had here and fell in love. There was a side of french crispy beans. Faith the waitress took a side look to me and simply said "That's for your health hun." And so it was. We took a Key Lime pie takeout (homemade) and watched "Singin in the Rain" with a side of pie! The Inn was not too busy and the rooms are old and to die for. Slow elevator and all. Mind the bees and bats though if you are on the veranda. But there, you can watch the Carnival and have a glass of wine. We did that after the movie and it turned out that the smoke and the smells and the sound kept the the pests away. We slept the sleep of the dead. (In a good way)
The next day was a classic car show. The old Mercedes and Rolls were to die for. Better than that, the owners usually sat under a umbrella and chair and will tell you the story of their car, if you ask politely.
Later, after doing the antique thing, I stumbled upon a used book store. Not much to say about him other than his name is Andrew. Everything is categorized and perfect. He sits in on his old stuffy chair and reads. I picked up some special books and inquired. "I am only open Thursday through Saturday so you you can see me then" I humbly asked what he did in between. He simply looked up from his book and said something prophetic.
"I do other things Mister Tony" I never gave him my name or card or check. I had never met him
tp
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 09:28:23 PM by tonypep »

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Butter beans and Pork Chops
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 04:05:17 PM »
Updated a bit
tp