Author Topic: cmyk angles anyone?  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: cmyk angles anyone?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »
So, some of these are decent and some needs some improvement, but the work you put into them for me, depends on the job. For example,
 "Rose the riveter "We can do it" tee is our shop shirt. We did 24 of them.  There is some gain on the black screen that I would have had adjusted if the run was longer. There could be some improvements, but we had some screen issues and these were done at 47lpi to avoid those issues.
The George Washington is cmyk on darks. I think that was 55lpi on 305mesh.  I did this art as a show shirt for Color Matrix in Atlanta among others I've done for them. AS a separator, I found I had made an error and left too much black in the seps of the mask staps (in contrast with the rest or overall washed out feel of the art). The average person won't notice that, but I did. It's bee fixed since then for the show shirts.

BEAUTIFUL is a cmyk at 47lpi 230 mesh. For that, it turned out really well, but here is where LPI and mesh make a difference. If I were to do that at 65lpi-75lpi, on a good weave heavy weight tee, on high mesh, you would be what I would call, a 20% increase in image quality. That's enough to call substantial, thus justifiable. It would look less dotty and more controllable.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 09:05:05 PM »
Thank You all!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 02:27:24 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, and correct me if so, but wouldn't mesh count and thread diameter make a difference in angle (Ideal) used?

they absolutely would! but it's a T-shirt for crying out loud! If it looks good from 3 feet away we have done our job well.

pierre

This is where a "like" button would be good. As I sometime talks customers down off the ledge, I remind them that "It's only a t-shirt!"

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 03:51:11 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, and correct me if so, but wouldn't mesh count and thread diameter make a difference in angle (Ideal) used?

they absolutely would! but it's a T-shirt for crying out loud! If it looks good from 3 feet away we have done our job well.

pierre

This is where a "like" button would be good. As I sometime talks customers down off the ledge, I remind them that "It's only a t-shirt!"

Steve

This is where you have to be a little inventive, and take the extra step to save and attach something like this
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?