Author Topic: Diamondback S  (Read 3369 times)

Offline chubsetc

Re: Diamondback S
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 11:34:03 PM »
I think you have to move up to the sportsman for that.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 11:44:39 PM »
Thats what I was thinking, I wonder what the entry level sportsman goes for.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 07:50:55 PM »
The new Diamondback S is rated at 840per hour compared to 560 per hour rating on the Diamondback. I just ran the one in our showroom with a 16" image stroke and it was running at 972 pieces per hour. These are dry cycle speeds.
Rick, just emailed me the Diamondback S manuel pdf on my request. Want to get to know the machine better before it arrives here in 4 weeks. Now I`m wondering in section 5. Specifications the air requirements are totally different to what is stated on the M&R website. According to the website the 10/8 needs 765L/min while the manuel shows a required air supply of 1019L/min so a good 33% more. Which is the right amount of air that machine needs?  Good I have not purchased a compressor yet, even though I bet it`s closer to 765L/min.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 12:09:24 AM »
Not sure on the specifics but there was a mistake in the initially advertised CFM requirements for the Daimondback S.  It was fixed on their website but possibly wasn't changed in the manual.  I posed this question in a previous thread, hopefully this helps.

http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,2638.0.html

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 07:58:46 AM »
The new Diamondback S is rated at 840per hour compared to 560 per hour rating on the Diamondback. I just ran the one in our showroom with a 16" image stroke and it was running at 972 pieces per hour. These are dry cycle speeds.
Rick, just emailed me the Diamondback S manuel pdf on my request. Want to get to know the machine better before it arrives here in 4 weeks. Now I`m wondering in section 5. Specifications the air requirements are totally different to what is stated on the M&R website. According to the website the 10/8 needs 765L/min while the manuel shows a required air supply of 1019L/min so a good 33% more. Which is the right amount of air that machine needs?  Good I have not purchased a compressor yet, even though I bet it`s closer to 765L/min.
I know Rick has answered you on the compressor a couple of times. The higher spec is for the press running wide open all the time which we must state but you will never do. Use the spec Rick sent you and you will be fine.
Rich Hoffman