Author Topic: Banned from SPOF  (Read 8919 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: Banned from SPOF
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 05:54:59 PM »
I not send my business address either, got a warning that I would not be able to post anything if I did'nt sooooooo I guess I will have to depend on you guys for all my needs... ;D
By the way my e-mail address that I am using here ( Yahoo) has been in use for years and I run Sandboxie and have not had any problems with virus since. Plus it comes on my Droid!!! :o

Offline Northland

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »
Actually Preston was trying to avoid anyone running two accounts with different names, he's trying to do the right thing.
I do think Preston is doing "the right thing" in regards to weeding out ficticious posts and double identities. But, it comes at the cost of alieninating long-term members.
It goes without saying... this was rarely a problem in the past. Most members expressed their opinions and took their knocks in a civil fashion.

I believe SPOF will continue to grow and be a servicable forum.... but some past members won't be contributing much to it's future.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, 07:09:56 PM »
I think Preston is trying to do the right thing but his vision is commercially clouded. He'll deny it up and down, but I think many of the decisions and moderation on SPOF is determined by what is best for the brand he's selling. That's what I see anyway.

To put it bluntly, it should still have the acronym of SPOF, but the name should change to "Selling Printex on Forums".
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline squeezee

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 07:22:23 PM »
I find that ramming autos down your throat is counter-productive, I don't need an auto or know any of the people or companies involved but...I wouldn't buy from any of them.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
I think Preston is trying to do the right thing but his vision is commercially clouded. He'll deny it up and down, but I think many of the decisions and moderation on SPOF is determined by what is best for the brand he's selling. That's what I see anyway.
To put it bluntly, it should still have the acronym of SPOF, but the name should change to "Selling Printex on Forums".

Certain posters over there aren't doing his brand any favors.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
he's trying to do the right thing.

Lot's of trying, but not much doing if you ask me.  It's a shame, he clearly worked hard on that forum but I don't think the writing could've been any more clearly written in stinky fat man poo all over the walls.

I'm not going to miss being called a "whiner" or a "sissy" or whatever it was for protesting against blatant disregard of forum rules and spamming though. 

I like the tenor of this forum a lot and would like to suggest that we all do our best to keep the content organized so as to avoid answering the same ?s over and over and empower us to really build up a knowledge base that goes from basic to downright esoteric.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »
Okay folks, you heard the man, post it in the right damn place, and don't ask the same old stuff over and over!

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »
Okay folks, you heard the man, post it in the right damn place, and don't ask the same old stuff over and over!

One feature that I loved that was later made only available to premium members was the Bookmark feature. The bookmark would allow us to each build are knowledge base for ourselves and to share with others when the question would arise again.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 11:14:37 PM »
Damn!  And here I thought I was in the elite FEW that got banned.

Looks like almost everyone did.  Well I'm not changing my email for any board.

I guess I'll play in this sandbox for a while.  Anyone have a shovel?

Oh, Hi!
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 11:27:40 PM »

Just dig with your hands. Don't eat anything you find.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 03:34:22 AM »

That's right, you tell 'em Frog.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 05:09:37 AM »
Damn!  And here I thought I was in the elite FEW that got banned.

Looks like almost everyone did.  Well I'm not changing my email for any board.

Oh, Hi!

Nice to see you here, Wayne.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline shellyky

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 08:02:14 AM »
interestingly i dont appear to be banned anymore...  ???

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »
interestingly i dont appear to be banned anymore...  ???

I just checked and I'm not banned either. . . too much drama though. I want to learn, not get in a pissing match about stupid ego crap. We put designs on shirts -big friggen deal. . nothing to brag about, we're not superheroes.

I'll keep popping in , maybe P will come around and fix the place up.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 08:46:06 AM »
?
[/quote]

we're not superheroes.

[/quote]

Speak for yourself, Homer.