Author Topic: Any anglers here in the group?  (Read 3002 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Any anglers here in the group?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »
I don't what the heck sam caught!!!! there, but I like bass fishing and right now if I get a nice weekend I hit the creeks.  I call that surprise fishing cuz you never know what your going to pull out.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
Mike... nothing really close by here to surf fish... Grand Isle is about 3 hours away but some great fishing.

Screenprinter123, funny you mention being dragged around... I had lost my cajun anchor right before that and was just sitting in a spot where the current kind of kept me put.  So that Crevalle drug me all around.  I had it on 12lb test as well so it was one hell of a fight.  I don't remember how many times it surfaced only to strip off TONS of drag and me having to fight it all over again.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »
I don't what the heck sam caught!!!! there, but I like bass fishing and right now if I get a nice weekend I hit the creeks.  I call that surprise fishing cuz you never know what your going to pull out.

Darryl
It looks like Sam caught a muskie.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »
Any anglers here in the group?

Yup. When I'm not printing my best friend and I own/run Canada's busiest Fly Fishing Forum.

I spend a lot of time flyfishing BC Stillwaters chasing big Rainbows.

Some Warm Water Fishies

My favourite picture from last year  ;D

if anyone ever gets up BC/Alberta way and wants to wet a fly, let me know, if I can't join you I can at least hook you up with someone who can or point you in the right direction for some fun!

Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:51 PM »
Moreover... it doesn't matter at the end of the day how it looks on the line or in the boat or even in the ice-chest.... Most important is how it looks on the plate... And you cannot beat southern Louisiana when it comes to that :P.

I guess we've converted auto wars to fishing wars? :)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 11:15:28 PM »
Yeah, you right!

FYI, ^^ that's cajun talk for all you yankees. ;)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »
I am a fisherman from waaaay back when I was a fisher boy. My dad and I used to go camping locally on the weekends. I loved those times of night fishing. My dad passed away when I was 12 and after that, I really sunk myself into fishing. At one point in my life, around age 15, during the summers, I spent about 4 days a week about 6-10 hours a day just fishing along the banks of the Ohio River.  My biggest fish ever was about a 50lb river carp. Like Darryl said for his creeks, in the river, you never knew what you might pull out. We never would eat the fish out of the river and we never expected any game fish. When I was fishing on the river catching bottom feeders, I'd see these "rich guys" in boats that we're foreign to me floating near by trolling and bass fishing, I thought, what fools, they can't catch anything big using those little fake lures. One day, I tried a little slope nosed plastic aqua sonic lure sold for a dollar at the candy store. I'll post up the picture of the results in a while.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »
Those are some nice looking fish Inkworks!  I was wondering....after each fish caught do you buy a new boat?  It seems like you are fishing from a new boat in each picture  ;)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 03:19:15 PM »
I used to fish a bunch back when I had a Life.... I miss those days.

I'd hit the local farm ponds and my favorite was top water bass fishing. Nothing like a lunker exploding out of the water to hit a jitter bug or a hula popper.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:21:20 PM by Donnie »

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:37 AM »

First trout I caught in Montana.   I like to go for the more normal, eatin' sized ones though, this one was a fluke.  Lucky my buddy had a camera.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 05:39:14 AM »
This was from a slow day on the Outer Banks. Usually fish the NY, NJ waters, mainly salt water.

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
Thats a nice catch!!!!!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »
Here is a #175 Yellow Fin Tuna I got in Mexico last year
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.