Author Topic: anybody know anything about the new laser transfer printers with white ink?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Made by OKI. It supposedly prints on transfer paper with white ink. 
Model pro920WT

could this be a low maintenance solution to lo qty many color on darks?
http://www.okidata.com/mkt/html/nf/proColor920wt.html

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Wow, $7500 though. But like you said low maintenance

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Their demo doesn't show a lot about how this is $7000 better than the Image Clip and Image Clip Koncert T transfer papers from Neenah although they do have a learning curve and folks like Conde are still working on tips and tricks to get the most out of them.
These papers supply their own white, so standard laser output devices are used. They are a two step transfer, and it looks like the Oki system is as well.

http://www.neenah.com/technical/heattransfer/imageclippaper.aspx
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
I'm like Frog in that the demo doesn't show very much.  If it works good however, I'd like it more than DTG printing.  It would be great for the family reunion shirt order that requires a small amount of infant t's.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Oki Pro 920 WT @ Brandy's
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I just requested a sample print I will let you know.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I received my samples today, the design on the black shirt looks like a print on thick vinyl,with less stretch. I compared it to a full color cad print from stahls and the stahls has a way softer hand and is more stretchable. The other two are ok perhaps not real good designs there was no picture of what they were replicating so its hard to tell if its the look they wanted. I think for the price I would try to get a used DTG or maybe sublimation printer. I would like to see what everyone else thinks please post your thoughts if you get a chance to get a sample print. My final thought is its just not there yet for me.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Im-Magic

Have a look here http://www.dtgdigital.com/uprint.php and here http://www.novasublimation.com.au/products.asp?id=78 bear in mind that the price is in Australia and we are usually at least 30% higher than the USA. I have asked for samples to try it out.
Stuart

Offline Im-Magic

I tried the samples they sent and could not get them to work, plus the ones that they sent felt very plastic and had no stretch at all.
Stuart

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I tried the samples they sent and could not get them to work, plus the ones that they sent felt very plastic and had no stretch at all.
Yeah I dont think its there yet
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
they aren't terrible on lighter colors.  They are funny feeling though, no doubt about that...but if youhave 5 or 10 shirts to print with a full color design, it's an option.