Author Topic: New Interchange MD8 Just Arrived!!!  (Read 3042 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: New Interchange MD8 Just Arrived!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 10:21:07 AM »
we love ours.  I will say that it isn't as stout as the old maxi-cure.  The metal is much thinner on the legs and body of the dryer.  It's still very sturdy, but that is one thing I noticed immediately.

The good part, it works so much better than the old maxi-cure.  That thing was past it's prime and I don't miss it.  Gas is far superior.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 10:22:50 AM »
Anyone out there have a duct fan/blower installed in their ducting for a gas dryer?  We melted the motor and fan blade on the one we got from Grainger not realizing how hot the ducting would be 15 feet down the line.  I am waiting to hear back from the big HVAC supplier in New Orleans that carries the double wall ducting (also not easy to find) but thought some of you may have traveled this road already.

Gilligan:  Ordered March 27...Shipped June 25

Frog:  Duly noted  ;)

stitches4815:  We about crapped our pants trying to get the third section of the heat chamber (with control panel) off of the pallet.  It was a four man circus with us using 2x4's to raise the chamber on one side so we could put some 3/4" EMT underneath to slowly roll the chamber off of the pallet.  Then we lifted the other side with the 2x4's so we could slide the pallet out from underneath.  This was some video I wish we had to post!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »
3 months is a long time.  I think they may have had mine in stock, but I can't be sure.  I don't feel like it took that long.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
mk162 and other md8 dryer owners: Next time you're printing, let me know what temps the top and sides of the dryer (on the outside of the chamber) are coming to with your temp guns. 

Thanks!

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Anyone out there have a duct fan/blower installed in their ducting for a gas dryer?  We melted the motor and fan blade on the one we got from Grainger not realizing how hot the ducting would be 15 feet down the line.  I am waiting to hear back from the big HVAC supplier in New Orleans that carries the double wall ducting (also not easy to find) but thought some of you may have traveled this road already.

Is that 6" or 8" ducting?

This is something I'd like to know as well.  My building owner won't allow a vertical vent through the roof, so I have to run 6" pipe about 30' horizontally to a side vent on the outside of the building.  This is one of my hiccups with going gas as I don't know if an inline puller fan would do the trick?

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
We currently have 6" single wall ducting.  I did find a 6" fan that is rated for 266 degrees but I am not sure if that will cut it (I know a 180 degree will not).  I will bring my oven thermometer from home and try to get a reading inside of the duct to see what I need (our fan needs to be about 18' from where the exhaust exits the dryer).  Interchange recommends a fan if your exhaust ducting is at or greater than 15' and that you place it as close to where the duct exits the building as possible.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »
Marc did let us know when we were ordering that there were a good bit of dryers in the queue so we new it would be a little longer than usual.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
check with a dryer manufacturer and they can walk you right through vertical venting, should be simple