Author Topic: 120 Days past due....anybody live near Schaumburg, IL  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Clark

120 Days past due....anybody live near Schaumburg, IL
« on: May 19, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »
If you live close to Schaumburg, IL and have a baseball bat, I will gladly give you a significant chunk of the over $16k I am owed from a company up there.  Stupid ass brokers.....

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: 120 Days past due....anybody live near Schaumburg, IL
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
I have a similar account. They are paying a little bit here and there as their customer did not pay them.

what's the story you are getting?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Clark

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:29:17 PM »
"We haven't received 20 of the invoices on this statement, please resend, then wait 30 more days since we just go them."

"You're check was cut yesterday, look for it in a couple days"

The usual.

What they'll be saying after tomorrow is, "What do you mean you are holding our orders till we pay"

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:37 PM »
Sounds like a job for the ever sensitive and understanding, Homer  ;D
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »
"We haven't received 20 of the invoices on this statement, please resend, then wait 30 more days since we just go them."

The usual.

What they'll be saying after tomorrow is, "What do you mean you are holding our orders till we pay"

I had a customer that was past due like that except the amount was a lot more. Talk about stressing.  They finally paid when I decided to let them know the day before the truck was coming to pick up the shirts for a major retailer that they were not leaving until I was paid. Its amazing how people can come up with the money so fast when 15,000 shirts are about to be late to their biggest customer.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »
Baron lives up there. He knows sumbody that knows sumbody who's busted up sum bodies.

Offline dlac

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 07:50:05 AM »
I am about 120 miles away.. but Chicago can be a pretty rough place... some pretty tough dudes.. put an add on craigslist help wanted.. someone would go see those guys probably for 100 bucks... Now if they gave him the money you probably have to pay more to the next guy to get it from that guy, so on so forth... better just send me in
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline Clark

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »

The usual.

I had a customer that was past due like that except the amount was a lot more. Talk about stressing.  They finally paid when I decided to let them know the day before the truck was coming to pick up the shirts for a major retailer that they were not leaving until I was paid. Its amazing how people can come up with the money so fast when 15,000 shirts are about to be late to their biggest customer.

I hear ya.  I had to hold orders last time to get a payment from these guys.  But I'm not buying the shirts, so I keep printing for them.  I had a guy several years ago, James Watson Jr., that is in prison over a failed music festival.  To put it mildly, I could pay off my house if I ever received payment..which I won't because he will be rotting in jail the rest of his life more than likely.  I almost lost my business over that one, so I don't do any kind of retail work where I'm buying garments without full payment up front.  BIG lesson learned.  New guys that are reasing this..you NEED to do the same!

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/03/james_watson_jr_texas_musical.php#comments
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:17:15 AM by Clark »

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 09:12:55 AM »
tell ya what, I'll trade ya. .you get my guy in Scranton Pa and I'll go get yours. . .makes my blood boil thinking about it. Atleast you can talk to the fkers that owe you, my guy vanished -after giving me the finger. . .with that amount of money, court can come into play. Mine is only a few k, so I'm stuck, lawyers won't touch it.

don't print their shirts but tell them they shipped, you'll see them tomorrow, make them panic for a week or two.

It's almost like we have to go to 100% payment upfront, not going to happen though.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 09:46:41 AM »
I have never, and will never print a job without full payment up front.  Just too many shady people.  I only get a couple people a year that aren't ok with that.  I tell them thats the policy. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »
I have never, and will never print a job without full payment up front.  Just too many shady people.  I only get a couple people a year that aren't ok with that.  I tell them thats the policy. 

I have pretty much gone away with net terms unless I run a credit and reference check on a big customer now. In my case the company was local and I did not do a thing until I had an official purchase order. That PO is a golden ticket even if its only a few k. The nice thing about holding an order for someone that is selling to a retailer is that they can get hit hard with charge backs if they are late. Thats a lot of money on a big order.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Baron265

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »
Baron lives up there. He knows sumbody that knows sumbody who's busted up sum bodies.

Thanks Donnie! LOL
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684
pschmidt@workhorseproducts.com

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 03:04:23 PM »
If you live close to Schaumburg, IL and have a baseball bat, I will gladly give you a significant chunk of the over $16k I am owed from a company up there.  Stupid ass brokers.....
I'm in Peoria, about 2.5 hours away.
6'3" 220 Tae Kwon Do brown belt  (this may not mean much, but I can take a punch my nose is all over my face!), Marksman w/ pistol, Louisville slugger in trunk.
Please provide names, addresses, next of kin info....
I'll help a fellow printer!
Terry

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
You make it sound almost as if you like doing collections . . .  ;)
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 07:57:25 AM »
I would hold all order until paid in full.  Then I would tell them if you are not paid in 30 days your will stop printing for them.

The last time I had one like this, not as much $$, I told the customer if I was not paid in full by Monday @ 4 pm I was going to a lawyer and have charges file against her and her friend who placed the order.

I got paid in full with cash.

Quality over Quantity