Author Topic: How do I convert this font to "two" colors?  (Read 5068 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: How do I convert this font to "two" colors?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »
ha You guys kill me with smart keys and such....I have to do EVERYTHING by myself, smart keys, dumb keys hell if I had anyone running keys I could care less how its done.

i say to you guys who whine (my wife uses all the wrong keys) it doesn't matter if she uses a Freddie Flinstone stone hammer and chisel to do the work as long as she is doing it and it is good when you get it............you go girl.
there is no future in proving your wife or siginificant other wrong, if you aresuccessful in making your point you lose, if she is right you lose, if she says you do it your way and goes away you lose.

mooseman

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 11:09:21 AM »
ha You guys kill me with smart keys and such....I have to do EVERYTHING by myself, smart keys, dumb keys hell if I had anyone running keys I could care less how its done.

i say to you guys who whine (my wife uses all the wrong keys) it doesn't matter if she uses a Freddie Flinstone stone hammer and chisel to do the work as long as she is doing it and it is good when you get it............you go girl.
there is no future in proving your wife or siginificant other wrong, if you aresuccessful in making your point you lose, if she is right you lose, if she says you do it your way and goes away you lose.

mooseman

That is a good point... but it is her job.  I would have started a t-shirt business if I didn't have an amazing artist for a wife/partner.  I don't see how some of you guys do it without the ability to do artwork in house.

That being said... if you have an employee don't you want them doing things as efficiently as possible?  All we do is refine our process to shave off production seconds here and there.  You spend an hour or two here and there to build a 3rd hand to assist in making up roller frames, you can do it with out it, but it's easier and FASTER with it.  That is the only point.  you want everyone working as efficiently as reasonable.  If using keyboard shortcuts would shave off minutes of the process every time she works on stuff and and that is primarily what she does (she also does web design and photoshop work for a bunch of authors), and she complains about how she doesn't feel like she has enough time to get everything done.  Wouldn't finding faster ways for her to get the same task make sense?

That's the reason we Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V(F) to copy and paste... it's just seconds faster than doing "Edit -> Copy" and "Edit -> Paste (in place)"... even the latter of that is a short cut that she learned to shave off time replacing an object that arbitrarily gets pasted wherever as it gets pasted right back where it was copied from.  If it makes sense to shave off those seconds why wouldn't it make sense to shortcut with the v key and the z key to go from selection tool and zoom tool... as well as Ctrl+0 to get back to "fit artboard" vs "View -> Fit artboard" and the space to move things around while zoomed in seemed genius to me when I first saw someone doing it in a tutorial.  I immediately was like <assumes celestial singing voice> "Aaahhhh, what a time saver!" and immediately consumed that into my repertoire.  Same thing with dragging while holding ALT to make a copy much faster than a copy paste and move.

These are just a handful of shortcuts that shave off minutes on just about any project that you are seriously working on.  If you only save 5 minutes an hour because of short cuts that's 40 mins a day, 200 mins a week, over 150 hours a year that = over $11,000 bucks a year in saving/more productivity!!!

Seems like well worth a small struggle.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
Gilli,
I think you missed my point it is not about efficiency, $$$$ ,....LET THE WOOKIE WIN   
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
I got it, but if she can say "why does it take you guys so long to print a job, that just doesn't seem right". Then I will open my big mouth too. ;)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
1/2 of my work in Corel is keyboard shortcuts. I wouldn't be able to watch someone do it without them, but my wife would net be receptive to me showing her how to do it better either....  :o
Wishin' I was Fishin'