Author Topic: stock in screen printers open  (Read 2172 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: stock in screen printers open
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 01:03:50 PM »
SPOF was never that special to start with.  It's not got the following this site has, DS, or TSMB.

He can spew all he wants about "phantom" forum traffic and change his sites settings for "time online" so his 4 actual posters think the place is jumping, when in fact its not. 

The idea of a forum is posting, it barely has had any in a LONG time.  It's been all but dead for almost as long as this site has been around.  BOOM.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »
Don't even get me started!!!  I could go on and on about that fiasco.  I'm just glad I didn't "donate" any money to that place, or I'd really be pissed off about it.  I hope Jon Cryton didn't pay too much for that place.  I'm not sure why even even bought it.  He could have done the same thing with a new forum that he did with the garment equipment site, just harvest the info from other places onto a new site and done...
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »
Honestly, I don't take any issue with someone venting frustration about it because everything that happened with TSMB we all went through it, got frustrated with it but we just don't say anything.  Then to see what happened with P. Like the big elephant in the room.  I understand it's done and over let the past in the past but I don't have an issue for a person saying the truth and just getting it off their chest once in a while. 

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 04:08:18 PM »
We walk(and police) a fine line here.
From the get-go we offered an alternative to forums allowing themselves to being disrupted by(insert common farm utility building name) as well as the constant bashing of him, upon which he thrives.
As far as SPOF goes, though initially a shelter from the same guy as well, it eventually radically changed direction (and alliances) under the cover of free speech and no censorship (unless the censored posts were historic fact and/or valid warnings about dealing with a since-proven crook)

We still will not allow unchecked bashing of either of these entities, or really anyone, but the sale, and subsequent fair distribution of the proceeds are certainly forum-worthy topics up to a point.

Tom's revalation(for me, at least) about shares being for a software project and no one owning any part of the forum surprised the hell out of me because I thought that was exactly what he pushed at the time, though I must confess, I was already a little jaded and did not devote as full concentration as back when I thought that P and I had common interests, and a common foe.

Either way, kids, play nice! ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?