Author Topic: Printing a 15" white circle on black shirts  (Read 18987 times)

Offline Printhouse

Re: Printing a 15" white circle on black shirts
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »
Here is 50/50 light gray and discharge base.... with a hint of black plastisol.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
Here is the link...   And I think a video of it....

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/CCRYOCHARGEQ

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2012, 08:09:23 PM »
Yeah, never heard of mixing plastisol and waterbased. I would think it'd be like oil and water. Apparently the proof
is in the pudding though!

This:

Is waterbased discharge base mixed with just a little waterbased white and plastisol on top.
No multiple flashes or going around a million times. All wet on wet with a short flash after
the discharge to keep it from creeping around.

Using discharge white in one screen as the underbase and highlite would be ideal, but we've
only been able to pull it off once or twice, and usually only with one plastisol color on top.
Discharge white is a pretty "sticky" product.

I just did this today. It was 80 CCI base /20 CCI D-white /6 CCI activator  underbase with 5 colors on top one being white. I started out with no flash. It took a while to build up the wet on wet so. I turned the flash on to see if that would help get the colors flowing. I didn't think it was going to work. They ended up turning out great after about 8 - 12  test prints. I left the flash on too long and got discharge underbase build up on the first and second top color screen. It didn't effect the print but if I was printing a few hundred more it would have.

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2012, 08:09:39 PM »
im sure it wont matter here, but i text my orders into my CCI rep Jaime Fernandez.  takes less time than making a post here and i get a text a few min later telling me when he will bring it by and a total cost.  But i did have to call him first to set that up.  yeah that call took all of 4 minutes.
Yeah and I emailed my orders to our CCI contact and he deleted the email and still has not replied to my new email. So one week after trying to place an order we are not even close to getting a price of them. Will take my business somewhere else.

thats too bad, ill make sure to mention your issue to my guy, even though he has nothing to do with it, im sure it will get passed on.  CCI is one of our best suppliers, if they sold more supplies id order more from them based on the service i get, could not be happier here.
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 08:12:56 PM »
Here is the link...   And I think a video of it....

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/CCRYOCHARGEQ

That is CCI's P-charge (same as unions plasticharge). I have some here. I was going to do some testing with it this week but haven't yet.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2012, 08:13:58 PM »
Yes!  The D-White is great for just white prints but I find mising the plasticharge base with my white plastisol prints way better when laying things on top of it.  Not nearly as sticky.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
Yes!  The D-White is great for just white prints but I find mising the plasticharge base with my white plastisol prints way better when laying things on top of it.  Not nearly as sticky.

I was going to try that. Did you print it wet on wet or did you flash the underbase?

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »
I usually do wet on wet.  I do flash the UB very quickly at times but really the base is so nice and smooth and really works into the fabric so you do not pick a lot of it up on the screen.  The D-White picks up a little more.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
Well, just got our Base, White, and activator.  Tried White/activator just straight to a shirt.  Cracks, has heavier hand than plastisol, and looks meh.  Clearly I had higher expectations or did something wrong. 

Next time we will try base + white I guess. 

We will be printing this job regular looks like. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »
What mesh were you using for the straight D White?  I use it all the time usually double passing through a 156 with perfect results..... The trick is to really push it into the material and no lay it on top.  It does look like it is thick and will crack but one wash and it is smooth as silk!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
What mesh were you using for the straight D White?  I use it all the time usually double passing through a 156 with perfect results..... The trick is to really push it into the material and no lay it on top.  It does look like it is thick and will crack but one wash and it is smooth as silk!

I didn't look, Shelly probably remembers and will post it. 

It was heavy hand, cracked, and looked just ok.  Double passed it, even tried 2-3-4 passes just playing around.  Pretty good pressure as well. 

I wasn't impressed, but its possible we didn't do something correct but I don't see what.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2012, 03:34:58 PM »
It does crack because of the pigment left on top. One wash and that pigment goes away leaving a nice smooth print.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »
Actually it is not really cracking, its the weave of the shirt seperating

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2012, 03:48:51 PM »
When you mix the base with regular white plastisol I feel it looks and prints much better..... But once washed they feel and look about the same.  I hope that makes sense.  I just like the base mix for under basing things.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »
When you mix the base with regular white plastisol I feel it looks and prints much better..... But once washed they feel and look about the same.  I hope that makes sense.  I just like the base mix for under basing things.

I think we should clarify that when referring to mixing base with plastisol you are referring to the P-CHARGE product.
Don't want to send folks mixing actual waterbase and plastisol.