Author Topic: Led exposure unit?  (Read 22465 times)

Offline cvreeland

Re: Led exposure unit?
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2013, 09:55:50 AM »
The normal progression we see is quartz halogen with a loose piece of glass and a hunk of foam, moving up to a fluorescent unit with compression lid, to a single point MH and a vacuum. There are some in-between options, but that's it for the most part.

You forgot carbon arc.

Judging from the google search I just did, the whole world would like to forget carbon arc.  ;D
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline LDTRONIX

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »
I totally forgot about carbon arc.........That was a mess...
They called the inventor of AC electricity (TESLA) names, even fried dogs in the street to prove AC was bad.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »
They seriously used carbon arc to expose screens? Used to use them for spotlights, lots of light but almost a full time job keeping then going.

Offline LDTRONIX

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2013, 10:19:51 AM »
I used it to erase eprom chips.
They called the inventor of AC electricity (TESLA) names, even fried dogs in the street to prove AC was bad.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »
The normal progression we see is quartz halogen with a loose piece of glass and a hunk of foam, moving up to a fluorescent unit with compression lid, to a single point MH and a vacuum. There are some in-between options, but that's it for the most part.

You forgot carbon arc.

Judging from the google search I just did, the whole world would like to forget carbon arc.  ;D

Oh yeah, but that's a different context of the progression i mentioned. Even I have been around long enough to have used a carbon arc on indirect carbon tissue stencil material, but I was specifically talking about the steps we generally see discussed on forums as newbies evolve.
And, as stated,  ldtronix  started his PR campaign on a forum known to attract newbies.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22:47 AM »
They seriously used carbon arc to expose screens? Used to use them for spotlights, lots of light but almost a full time job keeping then going.

Sometimes I forget how young some of you guys are (or conveniently forget how old I am)
Fact is, many of you guys have a lot on me!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline LDTRONIX

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »
Updated info.

search for
LED Exposure unit first impressions
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:27:53 PM by LDTRONIX »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!