Author Topic: The I-Image experience begins!!!!  (Read 11051 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: The I-Image experience begins!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
I hear you D! Glad it's M&R behind this piece of gear, just in case, but praying it runs like a charm!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
Wow thats something. Whats the $$?
The high speed unit is under 60K
Rich Hoffman

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »
OH YEAH, THE M&R TECH IS IN THE HOUSE,  Let the fun begin!!!!

Offline RonH

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »
Frank, you are about to go on a fun ride, enjoy it to the fullest and hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

Ron Hopkins
M&R Sales and Service Co.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
Thanks Ron, can't wait, Javier is working his tail off, glad he got here safe with the bad weather they had to fly through. I may be in touch with you after February to discuss exposure units  ;D

Have a Merry Christmas Ron!!

Mike

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »
Man, the I-Image rocks!!!!! Javier the tech is very thorough. Talk about improvement on detail on our halftone seps We shot a sample screen and compared to a film and screen from a few weeks ago, NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!! woooooop

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 11:09:33 AM »
Man, the I-Image rocks!!!!! Javier the tech is very thorough. Talk about improvement on detail on our halftone seps We shot a sample screen and compared to a film and screen from a few weeks ago, NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!! woooooop

MORE TELL US MORE!!!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
Brandt..we all know this was a stupid purchase and it will not improve anything at his shop or make him more money...come on...

and MIKE...it does rock huh...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »
Brandt..we all know this was a stupid purchase and it will not improve anything at his shop or make him more money...come on...

Because that is EXACTLY what we all said.  And you wonder what is wrong with the world today?!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 10:43:03 AM »

Because that is EXACTLY what we all said.  And you wonder what is wrong with the world today?!

I think DTS will benefit Mike's shop a great deal, probably a lot more than Sam's actually because he's doing a lot more screens per job, and he doesn't catalog film or do a ton of repeat jobs. 

It's a good thing that most of us didn't run out and buy a DTG machine because someone said they were making a ton of money with it.  Most of us did our own research and applied it to our own shop instead of just taking someone's word for it.  Same concept applies for DTS and your shop.  It's actually a lot easier to decide whether or not DTS is right for your shop than a DTG, there are many more "knowns" to plug into the equation with DTS.  Sam used to have a DTG machine, never heard much about it though, just a few things about it being a great addition to the shop.  I'd personally go DTS long before DTG but I do understand how and why some shops have been very successful with DTG technology. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »
We're next... I just hpoe we can get the right RIP with the machine of choice!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
I'm interested in that super fast unit from M&R.  Not that the single and double print head units aren't great, I think we are going to need the faster unit to help make up that ROI that we won't see that other shops are getting.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »
Hey guys I wanted to post an update and give a huge pat on the back to everyone at M&R that worked with us on our I-Image install and training. The tech Javier that came out to do the install did an awesome job, was super thorough and very patient with the limited time he had on site to work with us. He was awesome. The unit was and still is working awesome. We had one hiccup with a couple of emulsions that we use interacting with the UV ink from the unit. M&R from the top of the ladder down was awesome, from Rich, to the product manager, digital manger and 3 techs, constant daily communication and testing to figure out the issue. In the end, it was just the ink that we had in the machine. Simple mistake of ST ink instead of the standard I-Image unit that we actually have's ink. They overnighted ink, talked me through the proper flush and re-fill steps and now we are problem free on "any" emulsion. I went through 5 types my self plus what they did to back up test and make sure we were good. I have spoken with other guys with other brands of CTS machines that hit similar issues but had a heck of time with service from the manufacturers that they went with, while the M&R crew, including weekends were all over. We didn't loose any production time from the hiccup, we were able to have a temp fix of settings to still produce screens, but M&R was adamant that this needed to be nailed down fast, and they delivered. We have had M&R equipment in our shop since we started and never really had an issue to see how they respond in service. With this small situation we saw how thorough they are and how adamant that they are on communication and problem resolution. I can't be happier with the group that worked with us, and how this unit is increasing our productivity. We are in our slower season right now, so I can only see how this was such a smart move for us. The detail in our printing from the CTS has seriously increase, as well as accuracy, and speed in set ups. If any of you are thinking, have the means to move into one of these I-Image units, don't even wait, do it and you will be kicking yourself that you didn't do it quicker, trust me, I'm a cheapo and really hold back on spending if I can, but this thing is the bombdiggity!!!

Thank Rich, and your crew really need a pat on the back. Specially thanks to Alex W, Javier, Alex M, Geoff, Rich, and PatFinn for all of the support and help!!!!!!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »
We have M&R coming by tomorrow here, I will be asking a lot of CTS questions. 

8)
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:01 PM »
Dude, you would love it!!!