Author Topic: Different Strokes  (Read 2170 times)

Offline dlac

Different Strokes
« on: November 30, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »
Here in Southern Illinois, Home of the 1 color print on 12 shirts with no art charges... I do a lot of work for this really great lady that has a shop in what used to be her garage, but has grown into semi mega metal building and just got expanded to hold a Lawson 10/8. Well anyhow her big orders are 72 shirts and has actually done some 4 color work.. She challenges me with 1 and 2 color designs and thought I did an amazing job here with  two colors and the shirt... Not a car, not simulated but what I do the most of..
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline wesdeselms

• Verified/Junior
Re: Different Strokes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »
Clean and pleasing to the eye. I like it.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »
I am not sure if you would want to state this info on the open site....  But for those of us that are currently interested in famring some of this exact type of work out I was wondering if you could give a rough price point for something similar to this project. 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »
I am not sure if you would want to state this info on the open site....  But for those of us that are currently interested in famring some of this exact type of work out I was wondering if you could give a rough price point for something similar to this project.
Do you mean the art?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »
Well I guess so it is in the artist section lol. Sorry I only got 2 or 3 hours sleep last night.

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »
Hi Gerry. I have used David for some jobs. Good art reasonably priced. And it prints good. Pretty quick at getting it to you also.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
Hi Gerry. I have used David for some jobs. Good art reasonably priced. And it prints good. Pretty quick at getting it to you also.
How you liking the rain we are getting? Its about time!

Offline Coyote71

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
Geez! I am about to grow gills

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
I like the cleanliness of it.  The textured line work on the back sets if off from the front type. It's a very good use of limited colors.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
Very nice work.....

Offline dlac

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
I do stull like this for people here in coal country.. we lost 550 jobs since the first of November.. Just in time for Christmas in 2 counties that are not feeding their children.. Of course on the other side of that I bought a home (had not been lived in for 50 years..LOL) needed some work, a 1200 square foot brick building next door with modern gas furnace, rest room, all kinds of cool stuff.. on a corner lot.. decent neighberhood.. whole package was $23,500.. Of course property taxes another story.. was $75.00 two years ago.. went to $42.50 last year.. wife paid them all in one payment so now they think we have money.. who knows what next year brings.. I did that design for $35.00 and was glad to get it... I had the trees from old Atlanta job.. they used to have peaches on them.. I have a lot of art.. try to use what I can get away with to keep time and costs.. down.. But remember... DTD is lot better so he can get more money..
dlac

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:14:01 PM »
You give me more credit than I deserve sometimes. I am as good as someone is is willing to pay for. I get my share of 25.00- 50.00 jobs as well, but I try to play in the area I'm most comfortable with. Work is work. As you know, I've always had a respect for the work you've done and are doing. We all have a place and I'm thankful our printers here like to share the work among many and keep a variety going in what they offer.

Keep your pencil sharp.

Thanks
Dan
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline dlac

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
I hope you realize, I think you do, that when I hype you I am not doing so with tongue in cheek but accept the fact that some of us, or should say most of us work on different levels and have different abilities.. I know where I fall in  the pile and whereas feel I am pretty good at what I do and delive, realize that there are some, such as yourself are just a wee bit more talented and work on that next level up.. or maybe couple of levels..LOL.. nothing but respect for your abilities coming from this old guy..
dlac