Author Topic: Big Thanks  (Read 6595 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Big Thanks
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 02:02:20 PM »
I agree that DTG machines should be getting smaller and cheaper...or at least just cheaper.

Not many shops will drop $300,000 into a machine.  Especially since you can buy several other smaller machines and run different things on them and actually increase your output by a lot.

Say you bought 10 machines that ran $30,000, same money to invest, but if you are printing shirts at half the speed, you are still popping 5 times the shirts out.  And you can run different jobs.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:36:03 PM »
I was pretty disappointed I didn't get to meet up with everyone and put faces/voices with screen names. I have to thank Southwest for turning my 4:30hr flight into a 8hr endeavor. Didn't get to the show till about 4 on Saturday. Looks like you guys had a good time at dinner! Maybe next year instead of a grage, m&r will have a "bar print shop" everyone can hang out there!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 10:19:58 PM »
I was pretty disappointed I didn't get to meet up with everyone and put faces/voices with screen names. I have to thank Southwest for turning my 4:30hr flight into a 8hr endeavor. Didn't get to the show till about 4 on Saturday. Looks like you guys had a good time at dinner! Maybe next year instead of a grage, m&r will have a "bar print shop" everyone can hang out there!

Yeah I was bummed when I saw all the empty beer cans. Asked where the full ones were but they would not show mw.....lol
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 07:01:03 AM »

Yeah I was bummed when I saw all the empty beer cans. Asked where the full ones were but they would not show mw.....lol
Hard to show full ones when the evidence was all around we didn't have any left! LOL!
Rich Hoffman

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 11:08:12 AM »
That was a cool setup by the way. That would be a killer home shop. You should sell it as a package deal. Everything including the building for those that want to be a garage shop but dont have the garage... ;D
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:13 AM »
Could you post a pic of the garage interior? As I am currently a garage printer I'm still curious. I assume there was a manual in there?

I've been perusing used rotary screw compressors because I want an auto in my garage if I can make it quiet enough. Tired of printing 8 color 16 x 16 designs by hand!

Maybe no new car this year and invest in a Diamondback instead. Trying to figure out where the boat is going is to live :) 

Going to the Long beach show could turn out to have been an expensive move.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:39:08 AM by nobrainsd »

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 11:40:52 AM »
Could you post a pic of the garage interior? As I am currently a garage printer I'm still curious.

I assume there was a manual in there?

I've been perusing used rotary screw compressors because I want an auto in my garage if I can make it quiet enough. Tired of printing 8 color 16 x 16 by hand!

Maybe no new car this year and invest in a Diamondback instead. Trying to figure out where the boat is going is to live :)
We actually had a 6 color Diamondback on wheels that you could move over easily if you needed to park your car. Our marketing department too photo's and I will see what they have.
Rich Hoffman

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »
Hey Rich any thing cool this year for Atlantic City? Hoping to make it down there this year, haven't made it for the last four years.
"No man is an island"

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »
That is classic! My Advance Turbo Phoenix dryer lives on it's cut down original pallet with large industrial strength casters installed so I can roll it into position and I have a motorcycle lift to move my 8/8 workhorse when necessary.  Really would like to stop playing Transformers with my garage when I want to print. Very inefficient.

I can fit a press, it's the compressor noise I worry about since I have a small lot. I'm looking into it. Anyone else running a compressor in a garage? PM me please.

Offline papinc

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
Here's some name tags on the members in the shot.
Only actual members are tagged, not spouses or the usual freeloaders who will be pressured into actually signing up before next year. (I really thought you understood the deal already Joe and Keith!)
Brandon was also there, but missed the pic. I had him Photoshopped in but remembered Nancy Pelosi's recent trouble with how touchy some get with photographs modified to more accurately portray a situation.

But alas Frog...I am here! ;)

Offline prozyan

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 03:10:44 PM »
I can fit a press, it's the compressor noise I worry about since I have a small lot. I'm looking into it. Anyone else running a compressor in a garage? PM me please.

I have a compressor, chiller, 7/8 diamondback, flash and dryer all in what is basically a garage.  The noise sucks, but is manageable. 
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 03:15:38 PM »
If they make a single phase screw compressor, it'll be worth every penny.
The hammering sound of piston compressors is just unbearable at times,
especially to neighbors.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
There are 5HP and 7.5HP rotary screw compressors available for single phase, but I wouldn't recommend the 7.5 in single phase.  They tend to burnout pretty quickly.  The 5HPs are only going to deliver about 17cfm at 145PSI, which is a little low and will limit your production speed.  For a single person shop (which I would assume a garage setup is), its not really an issue.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Baron265

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »

I have a compressor, chiller, 7/8 diamondback, flash and dryer all in what is basically a garage.  The noise sucks, but is manageable.

I have a theory that if you route an infeed extension on the compressor (to a location away from your operating area), that the inconvenience can be lessened.  You would have to step up the diameter by one or two pipe sizes (depending on the length), so as not to restrict the supply. Most of the noise a piston type compressor makes is at the infeed. If you can move the infeed source, you should be able to move most of the noise.
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684
pschmidt@workhorseproducts.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:45 PM »
I have a theory that if you route an infeed extension on the compressor (to a location away from your operating area), that the inconvenience can be lessened.  You would have to step up the diameter by one or two pipe sizes (depending on the length), so as not to restrict the supply. Most of the noise a piston type compressor makes is at the infeed. If you can move the infeed source, you should be able to move most of the noise.

I think the desire here is to remove the noise due to neighbors annoyance more than anything. Ideal garage shop for
me would be a servo/ac press, 10 ft long/60"belt dryer, and a 5hp screw compressor. All single phase of course. that
would be badass.