Author Topic: Tried a New White  (Read 8862 times)

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Tried a New White
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
the more i read about white inks, well inks in general, not many members here use Union inks?

am i missing the boat?

I use tons of union.

I think Unions problem is they do not have a lot of vendors, we buy directly since they are close by but I would be beyond thrilled if a general screen supply company with in one or two days sold Union.

Garston sells it...they have a new website -order online if interested. too bad it's garston. ::)
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 10:21:28 AM »
I order from Jennings..he is 40 minutes away...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »
I think union makes great spot colors in the ultrasoft series and maxopaque series.  I used to use their white inks but I haven't tried one in years.  The diamond white used to be great right out of the bucket but after a few days of taking the ink in and out of screens it would get gritty and hard, the consistency would change a lot. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 10:43:22 AM »
the more i read about white inks, well inks in general, not many members here use Union inks?

am i missing the boat?

I use tons of union.

I think Unions problem is they do not have a lot of vendors, we buy directly since they are close by but I would be beyond thrilled if a general screen supply company with in one or two days sold Union.

Garston sells it...they have a new website -order online if interested. too bad it's garston. ::)

Garston? Whos Garston?

Just Kidding

We wont deal with them, I tried in the past and got screwed royally on something, plus also they had horrible stock of Union at least they did back then.

"No man is an island"

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »

am i missing the boat?

I use tons of union.

Garston? Whos Garston?

Just Kidding

We wont deal with them, I tried in the past and got screwed royally on something, plus also they had horrible stock of Union at least they did back then.

garston is mostly a wilflex dealer.  they sell union ink, but union is owned by rutland. 

we use the union maxopaques...  ive been trying to get the shop to change over to the Amazing base, but the artists love the Maxopaques.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »
The never ending quest for the perfect white. In my case If it works for me I ain't changing it. Wliflex Sprint for cottons, Triangle Phoenix for 50/50, Union Lo-bleed for poly and CCI D-white if discharging. Switching whites all of the time..."ain't nobody got time for all that."  ;D
Dale Hoyal

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 11:03:11 AM »
The perfect white?

I have the perfect white, its called white tshirts
"No man is an island"

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »
*perfect white ink. ::)

Dale Hoyal

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »
What are white t shirts?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2013, 11:50:58 PM »
The never ending quest for the perfect white.

After 27 years.. I'm still waiting......................................
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 07:49:07 AM »
What are white t shirts?

I was thinking the same thing.  It's like aliens, you assume there could be aliens, but you never see them.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Admiral

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 12:50:40 AM »
What's a really thick white ink that still floods well?  I want to try something that has more difficulty going in the shirt and will stay on top nicer, shouldn't be a problem to print since we use S mesh....maybe take quick white and add thickener...hmm

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 01:41:18 AM »
What's a really thick white ink that still floods well?  I want to try something that has more difficulty going in the shirt and will stay on top nicer, shouldn't be a problem to print since we use S mesh....maybe take quick white and add thickener...hmm

Add thickener? Quick prints great for us through S mesh.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Admiral

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 01:57:37 AM »

Add thickener? Quick prints great for us through S mesh.

It prints great for us too, just trying to think of what could make it even better.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 02:12:17 AM »
Yep.  Warm Quick flows very well.  Pre warm yer white ink!   and keep it warm.