Author Topic: Inkjet Ink? remanufactured or OEM?  (Read 4447 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Inkjet Ink? remanufactured or OEM?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 12:03:18 AM »
I'm using a Epson 1400. I'm going to try ink from inksupply.com. I'll let you know how it works. (Unless someone with another 1400 has already) mainly how dense the black is.

Joel

I've been using it in my 1400 for the last year. No problems, very easy to do, can be a little messy, so be careful. When I first got it, I paid the $25 per cartridge. Hell, a pint of the dye based ink is only $30, and fills the 6 cartridges many times. Very black, and I'm comparing to the old days of actual photographic film. Zero density problems out of the printer.

Steve

Am I to understand you replaced the ink in all 6 carts with black?  If so, I guess that's cool.  But I need an inkjet capable of films and digital (color) transfers.  Anyone using a 1400 with colors that have printed digital transfers?  I'm mostly checking the options on the 1400.  Tks
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 12:49:13 PM »
Yes, because we use AccuRip for the films, which pulls evenly from each cartridge. We have an extra 1400 for color proofs and transfers, and we also use refillable cartridges with heat transfer ink in that printer too. It's just so much less expensive... get an extra printer, they are cheap enough really. Seems to me our first process camera cost in the thousands, and a film positive was about $3.00 or so for the film, plus the cost of chemistry, having it hauled away, blah, blah, and blah. Printers are dirt cheap as far as investing in equipment goes.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »
Anyone try inkfarm that is in the banner ad on this page? It looks like they sell re-manufactured carts.