Author Topic: Inkjet Ink? remanufactured or OEM?  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Inkjet Ink? remanufactured or OEM?
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:16:08 PM »
I have a Canon inkjet that I have never had any problems with. I only use Canon ink. I am a little afraid to use the remanufactured ink in it. The price for the non canon stuff is so cheap I have to try it. Is there any company or website you get it from that you trust? What is your experiences???

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Inkjet Ink? remanufactured or OEM?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:38:38 PM »
I cannot speak from Canon, but I've had bad luck with trying to fill my own HP cartridges, but good luck buying so-called factory refills. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 11:42:36 PM »
I have a Canon inkjet that I have never had any problems with. I only use Canon ink. I am a little afraid to use the remanufactured ink in it. The price for the non canon stuff is so cheap I have to try it. Is there any company or website you get it from that you trust? What is your experiences???

where do you get yours? I don't want to refill mine i want to buy them. I have a 8 color system and I pay $15 each now. I can find them not canon refills or what ever they call them for $5 each. Anyone else use these and from where???

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:04:48 AM »
I'm not 100% sure, but this site looked awfully familiar -

http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/?gclid=CMHa6OXZ16kCFQe87QodJGg2OA&FreeShipping=

It's been a while (as I stocked up on a special), but if wife finds the paperwork and it's different, I'll re-post.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:57:10 AM »
$10 a cart isn't a huge savings unless you are burning through them at a fast pace.  I know with the 3000, the carts are around $70 and generics can be had for around $10.  I use a bulk ink system and love it.  $85 a gallon and no issues.  I have saved more money with that thing.

Refilling is horrible.  I wouldn't recommend it.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:24:37 AM »
CIS all the way. $50 (filled with ink) on ebay and works fine with my Epson 1100.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
I forget the fellas name, he used to sell refurbished 3000's on the old-old board. I bought a 3000 from him several years ago and still use btw.
Anyway, I think he said something along the lines of, compatibles okay but don't start mixing inks/brands, that's when trouble can rear it's ugly head.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
sigmo?

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »
Yes, Sigmo!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »
we get our refillable cartridges and replacement ink from inksupply.com...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »
Second inksupply.com, however Epson only here. Works perfectly.

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 02:07:18 PM »
I just scour Craigslist and eBay for OEM ink carts. I have several years worth of 3000 ink in stock. Sigmo says ink expiration dates don't matter. I'm using inks from '96 and working my way up to 2010.
Paid from free to $25 for a complete set or three. Sometimes someone is selling a printer and is willing to part with the ink separately for a song.

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »
I'm using a Epson 1400. I'm going to try ink from inksupply.com. I'll let you know how it works. (Unless someone with another 1400 has already) mainly how dense the black is.

Joel

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
that Hybrid black that douglas grigar talks about is impossible to beat.  I've NEVER seen prints this black...ever.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »
I'm using a Epson 1400. I'm going to try ink from inksupply.com. I'll let you know how it works. (Unless someone with another 1400 has already) mainly how dense the black is.

Joel

I've been using it in my 1400 for the last year. No problems, very easy to do, can be a little messy, so be careful. When I first got it, I paid the $25 per cartridge. Hell, a pint of the dye based ink is only $30, and fills the 6 cartridges many times. Very black, and I'm comparing to the old days of actual photographic film. Zero density problems out of the printer.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't