Author Topic: Monitor talk...  (Read 1230 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Monitor talk...
« on: April 11, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »
My trusty 'ol Samsung just developed a nice hot pink line running vertically about a third in from the right.  It had a good run but it's time to replace. 

These are pretty cool- same panel as the new Apple displays (these are the A- panels whereas apple buys the A panels) and this company puts a warranty and a pixel warranty on them.  Can't beat that price either.  It might not be for all since it's dual link dvi only but that's what my MacPro is setup for.  I was going to default to another Samsung or a Dell if not this one.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=9579&seq=1&format=4
*if you haven't checked out monoprice, they make some sweet stuff for cheap.  Everything I've got from them has been great so far.

So what's good out there?  Anyone super happy with a particular model?  I want an IPS with the best spec I can get without going nuts with the price.  It's worth some change with the amount of design that gets done on it but, in our line of work, I don't think we need supremo color calibration, just very good. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Monitor talk...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »
LG IPS236 for about $230. 'not as nice as the one you are linking to, but lotsa bang for the buck. They have one bright(er) corner for some reason, but still, hard to beat for the money.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Monitor talk...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »
We run HP's IPS monitors.  We have 6 of them and REALLY like them.  4 x 27's and 2 x 30's.  But you will spend a lot more for them. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube