Author Topic: M&R Challenger I  (Read 24440 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: M&R Challenger I
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
He turned it in to his manager who had not processed it. You should get a quote shortly. I still think its a waste of money to buy this machine but I understand the reasoning.
Thanks Rich, I am hoping to get out from under this and into something else. I understand it is not worth it to fix it and hope the estimate reiterates that to the insurance company.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2013, 06:27:35 PM »
I want to say thank you to Rich and Dan Goldberg from M&R for getting me the info I needed.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »
Now the question is do I keep it? I would need to negotiate a depreciated value for the press which would come off the claim amount. I could then either scrap it or sell parts from it. Or I could let the ins co sell it at auction and be done with it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
I could then either scrap it or sell parts from it. Or I could let the ins co sell it at auction and be done with it.

this!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2013, 07:07:59 PM »
I could then either scrap it or sell parts from it. Or I could let the ins co sell it at auction and be done with it.

this!

pierre
LOL there are 2 choice there Pierre

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »
I would just step away, don't complicate the deal with the insurance co., especially if they've agreed to a full refund.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »

this!

pierre
LOL there are 2 choice there Pierre

DUH, I obviously did not delete enough of the front part!  ;D

Or I could let the ins co sell it at auction and be done with it.

this!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
Here is my take....for what it is worth

get the money from the insurance and buy new.  You know I am going to say M&R.  so buy a new one ( no problems involved and you can build a new house with the wood they give you from crating) go to Chicago and learn how to run it and maintenance on it.  You will make more money off that from day one then trying to learn a used press and have the problems that can come with a used press.  ie.  look at where you are now.  I know if you bought a new M&R you would have had a new one already there and they would deal with the shipping issue!

just my .0000002 cents

sam

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »
Here is my take....for what it is worth

get the money from the insurance and buy new.  You know I am going to say M&R.  so buy a new one ( no problems involved and you can build a new house with the wood they give you from crating) go to Chicago and learn how to run it and maintenance on it.  You will make more money off that from day one then trying to learn a used press and have the problems that can come with a used press.  ie.  look at where you are now.  I know if you bought a new M&R you would have had a new one already there and they would deal with the shipping issue!

just my .0000002 cents

sam

new, or like new. If you can find something that is under a year old, you should be able to save some money and still get financing on it.

pierre

Offline thisisewok

« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2014, 06:31:14 AM »
Riddle me this... On the valve assembly (Mac) of the m&r challenger 1, when these machines originally left the factory did they contain varistors anywhere in the wiring of the valves. I'd don't think they did but a friend says otherwise, so help me win a bet!!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2014, 08:26:37 AM »
Riddle me this... On the valve assembly (Mac) of the m&r challenger 1, when these machines originally left the factory did they contain varistors anywhere in the wiring of the valves. I'd don't think they did but a friend says otherwise, so help me win a bet!!
they were standard but there were a few that got out without them. Later on the varistor was built into the coil by Mac. In a way you are both right!
Rich Hoffman

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2014, 10:43:39 AM »
they were standard but there were a few that got out without them. Later on the varistor was built into the coil by Mac. In a way you are both right!

both of you send the winnings to 244 now!  ;D

pierre

Offline thisisewok

« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »
Thanks! Is there any sort of diagram available that indicates where the varistors go?

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »
Thanks! Is there any sort of diagram available that indicates where the varistors go?
yes. Contact mike Sonera in our service dept.
Rich Hoffman