Author Topic: Rapid Wave Flash  (Read 2058 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Rapid Wave Flash
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »
Question, I have a 7 color auto and sometimes I use a homemade flash unit IR that I stick in one of the heads for a second flash, the problem with that is I have to really be careful not to park the pallet under it and sometimes it gets to hot( I have a dial on it ).  How many of you think that having a second flash is money well spend, I thinking hard about trying to find a used if not new Rapid Wave flash for my Anatol, just trying to get some feed back.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Rapid Wave Flash
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »
I know some still say a flash is just a crutch, but I use them. I actually have three on each of my presses. I have a 14 color and two 16 colors, all with three flashes. I'd guess the kind of work you do will help justify how many flashes you want and/or need. Just the way it is here.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 05:45:02 PM »
After your white flash, the second flash is pretty standard a few colors down the line.
We have a less powerful second flash because top colors don't require so much
time/dwell as first down white flash. -We don't need no stinking smoking rubber!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
love the additional flash D!!! We have a tabasco radiant that I mounted to a furniture dolly to roll in and out of heads for now. Makes all the difference in the world for single revolution prints and keeping clean images on wow prints. Next press I want 3 flashes on it, got it all mapped out and know what I want to do, just not sure of how many colors the machine will be. There is a guy in Pompano FL with some barley used flashes for Anatols, I think he still has them. I think his site is onscreensupply.com he may have a deal for you for your machine.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 06:09:47 PM »
Having the second flash unit on our press makes a huge difference.  If I had a 14 or 16 color I'd have 3 flashes just like Dave.  We print wow all the time but without a second flash we would not be able to print all these 5-7 color jobs on darks in one revolution and it would take twice as long to print many of our jobs as it does.  A 2nd flash would probably pay for itself in labor costs within a month or two at your shop.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »
we only have a 7 color as well so it does suck with some of the stuff we print...one red chili flash

we do a lot of 6 color stuff too, have to make it work, 95% of the time we can, 4% we revolve, 1% the quantity is too high to revolve and we still make it work

but 2 flashes and a 10 color will happen (probably when we do our final move)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 03:06:12 PM »
Thanks guys that was the feed back I was looking for..@ ScreenGuy I will contact onscreen and check them out.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Mike_0306

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »
Hey Darryl,

I thought this might be a good opportunity to briefly explain to you (and anyone else that might be interested) a few of the differences between our old Rapid Waves and the redesigned version. We have been manufacturing the new version for about two years now.

Rapid Wave flashes now come with:
1. An air-filter.
2. A blower as opposed to multiple fans.
3. A dual chamber which not only provides better air distribution but also allows air to flow from the electronics into the body of the flash.
4. Integrated bulbs and sockets which reduce arching and increase the life span of the bulbs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:38:27 AM by Mike_0306 »