Author Topic: CCI HXT emulsion  (Read 9041 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: CCI HXT emulsion
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 03:32:54 PM »
Screenprintguy, Mike?  This is excellent info.  I never would have looked at HXT, they mention nothing of it's water resistance in the lit....putting a sample on our order today and will tell 'em you sent me to it.  It'll go head to head with Nova in our tests.  Looks like Murakami's out since they couldn't be bothered to send me the one sample I requested 4 times.  Shame, always liked their emulsion.

Where are you getting the Kiwo WR blue?  I've been wanting to get this (or any WR blockout) and stop the post-expo madness around here for a long time now but Midwest is the only one carrying it in my area it seems but I dislike supporting them, even for something small like blockout.   Also, I do like those blue blockout pens for quick touchups.

How is the elasticity of this HXT?  Our only major issue with HVP is that it will crack when coated for plastisol.  Do you use this for both WB and Plasti or just WB given the longer expo?  HVP standing as the "one emulsion" has really kept us with it since it can coat thicker for plasti and do the WB (with blockout/post expo/hardening that is....)

Offline MdoG

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 11:28:29 AM »
Okay guys i know im late to the party but i do have a quick question as i am looking towards an emulsion better suited for DC. I see that atleast some of you guys are using the blue HXT but i am seeing that they also offer a red HXT that is advertised for waterbased, discharge, and plastisol while the blue is advertised for graphic, solvent, and UV. Which do i go for??? lol i would also like to add that i am still very new to the world of screen printing and am using a 500 watt light to expose... is it still possible to use this or will i have trouble? i have been using CP TEX and it has done fine for me with WB but after trying TX Discharge im wondering if my exposure is not doing the trick. I guess my question is... Can i make my weak exposure unit work with this emulsion? i never run more than 100-300 shirts at this point in time.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »
Okay guys i know im late to the party but i do have a quick question as i am looking towards an emulsion better suited for DC. I see that atleast some of you guys are using the blue HXT but i am seeing that they also offer a red HXT that is advertised for waterbased, discharge, and plastisol while the blue is advertised for graphic, solvent, and UV. Which do i go for??? lol i would also like to add that i am still very new to the world of screen printing and am using a 500 watt light to expose... is it still possible to use this or will i have trouble? i have been using CP TEX and it has done fine for me with WB but after trying TX Discharge im wondering if my exposure is not doing the trick. I guess my question is... Can i make my weak exposure unit work with this emulsion? i never run more than 100-300 shirts at this point in time.

First off, both the red and blue are designed for textile or graphic work. Same stuff. It's a Republican-Democrat thing, LOL!

What type of 500 watt light do you have? Size (power) isn't really as important as the correct UV wavelengh. Do you use an exposure calculator or manual step wedge test to determine your correct exposure times presently?
A saving grace of photopolymer emulsions at least, is that they respond to an additional exposure after development to further cross link and more fully expose.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline MdoG

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 10:48:38 AM »
thanks for the reply Frog! First off, i use a 500 watt halogen workforce  light lol. Terrible choice i know i just havnt gotten around to upgrading my exposure unit since its done alright for me this far.

As far as using an exposure calculator or manual step wedge i do not. I am uneducated in this area but feel inclined to look more into it now that you mention it.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline MdoG

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 12:26:35 PM »
So glad you mentioned this to me, i'm absolutely going to utilize both of these tools next go around