Author Topic: Stitch Speed  (Read 5611 times)

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Stitch Speed
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:56 AM »
mainly due to I don't have a clue what I'm doing..so do it faster!! haha

Fake it till you make it buddy.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 02:12:16 PM »
We are running our new Barudan at 850-900 on hats.  We dont sew flats on it.

SWF's 650-750 generally.

Makes a difference huh?........ ;) Running flats as we speak at 1k per minute on the 4 head. We only slow down if the job requires it. We are stupid picky on the embroidery so at that speed for it to be A+ speaks volumes for the machine.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 02:47:27 PM »

SWF's 650-750 generally.

Makes a difference huh?........ ;) Running flats as we speak at 1k per minute on the 4 head. We only slow down if the job requires it. We are stupid picky on the embroidery so at that speed for it to be A+ speaks volumes for the machine.

It's a great machine.  I can't say a lot of good things about the tech or the paper work, BUT the machine is amazing after I fixed it LOL

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 05:10:10 PM »
Homer we bought  a local company out 10 years ago and they had a Toyota 830.
Learned a bunch on it before our Tajima. It was a tank until computer went.

Flats 750-850
Caps 650-750

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 08:28:21 PM »

SWF's 650-750 generally.

It's a great machine.  I can't say a lot of good things about the tech or the paper work, BUT the machine is amazing after I fixed it LOL

I second that on the paperwork. The Tech we had though was awesome. He was also a Wilcom trainer so it was a double bonus.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 07:16:38 AM »
650 on hats and around 700-750 on flats.

No rush :)
Just to add to this, I'm a one man shop and usually I'm doing something else while embroidering too. That is why the low speeds.
I usually wash screens, do the design work, expose.........

If I could be doing only embroidery, I was sewing flats at 850 and hats around 700-750.
There is nothing wrong with the machines so I would have to slow down.

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 07:35:54 AM »

SWF's 650-750 generally.

I second that on the paperwork. The Tech we had though was awesome. He was also a Wilcom trainer so it was a double bonus.

Our guy showed late, left early.  didn't set but one of the trimmers.  I had to set all 6 trimmers myself a couple weeks ago as most of the heads where not trimming.  Ridiculous to have to do that on a brand new machine.  I wasn't happy.  After fixing them they called me a few days ago to tell me that our machine also has some incorrect parts in it, so a tech will be here Monday to replace those.  Ugh... 

But no BS its a great machine as you know.  Sewing hats at 900 with ease on this thing and watching SWFs next to it struggling at 650 is writting on the wall for these SWF's.  as we need machines I will be replacing with Barudan.  May still keep my SWF's though.  One nice thing about many machines is flexibility.  The other day we were doing bulk jacket order on the 2 4 heads, fronts on one, backs on the other.  We were doing a bulk hat run on the other 9 heads.  The profit per hours was staggering out of the embroidery area that day.