Author Topic: Where should I look....  (Read 2013 times)

Offline trebor

Where should I look....
« on: September 29, 2013, 08:48:51 PM »
to find someone to build a pricing phone app and/or an app for an ipad?

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

Re: Where should I look....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »
i pursued this about a year and a half ago.....went no where....just got as far as exchanging a few emails with app builders....i just lost interest.
Mark

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 12:47:49 AM »
retail or contract pricing?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline trebor

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »
retail or contract pricing?

pierre

contract. It would be fairly simple and for only a few select customers. Although those few customers have over 500 sales people on the road.

Offline trebor

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:07:26 AM »
i pursued this about a year and a half ago.....went no where....just got as far as exchanging a few emails with app builders....i just lost interest.

That's what I'm asking...where do I find app builders?

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »
...we work with a company that, among other things, builds apps. They built a really cool scoring app for a local volleyball league that the owner and I both play in, and its awesome. Ill mention this to him, and maybe put you in touch?
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 10:48:46 AM »

That's what I'm asking...where do I find app builders?

I looked on craigslist...sent a few emails to a few app building ads....the cost to build one turned me off...and then we got into how much percent of the app they own forever to collect residuals on it....then i looked into learning how to build apps to cut out the middle man....just got too outta hand for me..i had too much going on in my life and figured "aww screw it...who cares about a screen printing quote app anyway???..maybe 10 people??." I Never looked back.
Mark

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 01:08:29 PM »
Filemaker database published to the web, can be used by anything with Internet access. No droid/apple
battles.