Author Topic: Best Inkjet Printer?  (Read 4500 times)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: Best Inkjet Printer?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 02:09:31 PM »
A quick google search said resetting the cartridges was trickier and a few other things: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=80527.0

I think it depends on what type of cartridges you get. The ones we have, you just lay a paper clip or a flat head screw driver across two of the leads on the chip and that resets it. Works out well. But like I said occasionally there is a issue where the printer doesn't like the aftermarket cartridge and gives us a error message. We end up having to remove the cartridge and reinsert it. A pain without a doubt!
Just a FYI. Do NOT let the ink cartridges think they are less than half full. When you do the reset the chips have a bomb mode in them and somewhere less than half full they will not reset to the original code.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 11:58:29 PM »
really pissing me off now.

Darryl

Darryl, Didn't you know? That is a key feature of Epsons, at one point or another you just want to throw the thing out the window! Probably why people always have to upgrade ;D
Tell me about it. I really have a problem with claims that those printers run without causing any problems such as clogged nozzles. Unfortunately there is no real alternative to an Epson, at least nothing affordable for a small to mid size print shop. We used to have Xante Screenwriter back in the UK and even though the films came out a lot better then anything an Epson can produce the registration was slightly off sometimes. Wonder how Oyo imagesetters compare.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
OYOs are thermal imagers and not true imagesetters but they work fine. Only problem is that if you have to re-output a film you might as well re-output the whole job because its a crap shoot if the new film will line up to the old ones. Don't know if they're still owned by Boeing.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 10:42:20 AM »
OYOs are thermal imagers and not true imagesetters but they work fine. Only problem is that if you have to re-output a film you might as well re-output the whole job because its a crap shoot if the new film will line up to the old ones. Don't know if they're still owned by Boeing.

That's true!  ALso, when a nib goes out, and they will go out, GET OUT YOUR POCKET BOOK!  5 grand!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »
They used to do hot swaps, don't know if they still do as their popularity has waned.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 11:09:33 AM »
Friend of ours had a oyo that when out more than once, 5k for a new head, that's when he called me and asked about our epson....they bought a 4900 bundle from Ryonet.   I got 3 3000 printers only one works and its about to drive me crazy with film loading, I'm going to bite the bullet and try and get a 4800, Sigmo just don't have anything anymore.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »
got a 4900 in the box for 1k if anybody wants one.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender