Author Topic: well it finally happened  (Read 2997 times)

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: well it finally happened
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »
I see a new moderator coming on... ???

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 06:53:21 PM »
He would be an excellent option if there was one. I rather like the 3 musks as they are personally. Sometimes fixing what is not been broken is a better path.
tp

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »
See, we need a like button. ;)

lets see if I can better explain what we do.......6 black shirts with ub white, 1 top color (red)  + finish white
load 6 shirts
print station is at 6:00 o-clock
flash station is one index left
all screens are loaded and ready to print
UB White on #1 shirt advance one index #1 shirt is now at flash station, we introduce the flash while we print #2 shirt
Flash remains at swing in position for all 6 shirts flashing each shirt as we print the following shirt
shirt #1  has cooled on round trip returns for red print... the sequence repeats while flash remains at swing in position
shirt #1  returns for finish white while flash hitting #6 with last red print
One index moves #1 with all colors finished to flash station
AT THIS POINT WE PULL THE FLASH OUT
 finish shirts 2 thru 6
unload all to dryer
Start all over again...........

So as you can imagine the flash is at the SWING IN position for two complete print color cycles
At the timing we typically print I would be handling the flash more than the squeegee.

We have never done it any other way on multi color jobs or one color PFP jobs, and I have never been successful at wet on wet anything except a big mess.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »
What we do is more "traditional" I guess.

If we were to PFPFP like you are we would do it as thus:

Load shirt 1 print UB, index and click foot pedal to swing flash over, repeat for each shirt.
When shirt 1 comes back around we print red index and hit foot pedal... now in this case I think we would be waiting on the flash to be done as we could print red pretty quick on a loaded shirt... but the timing would be automatic and idiot proof as the flash would swing away and we would know it's time.

Rinse and repeat.

Not much different really... we just hit a foot pedal each time we index to swing the flash over and then it does the rest.  The flash never over flashes nor will it under flash unless we practically purposefully screw it up.

Obviously you can adjust the height of the flash to speed things up and adjust the dwell time to fit.  We just aren't that fast and the extra few seconds if pfpfp'ing gives my guy a second to catch his head and breath.

Offline starchild

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 11:08:18 PM »
Well if you need to have the flash auto shut down once away from the press then a mat switch is a good bet.. As long as you're standing at 6 oclock the flash is on.. Walk away and it's off.  http://www.zippswitch.com/products/safety-mat

Posted with Tapatalk