Author Topic: Platten Adhesive  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Platten Adhesive
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 12:54:22 AM »
Two questions:
1 After you apply do you print straight away or do you have to dry the adhesive by running a flash cycle?
2 Do you use the same adhesive for fleece?
I've ready that there is a problem with fleece so what is the solution, doesn't seem logical to use cans for fleece and liquid adhesive for T shirts.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Platten Adhesive
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 06:45:30 AM »
this is what works well for us, manual print      ...PITA but we ruined tooooo many hoodies under PFP work until we switched to this process....
First coat your pallet, we use a foam roller and a squirt bottle. We have the same roller for years it is well coated with TB so it sticks to everything. We wet it first (water) to kill the sticky. When the surface is sticky it is dry, flash will really speed up the process.

On fleece we clean the pallet and hit it with fresh TB to get it really sticky, trapping rats sticky. throw the fleece over the pallet but do not stick it down yet.
Run the fleece under the flash to pre shrink it, it will shrink some from the heat / polyester fabric so get that done before you print it. you can also just run the fleece through your dryer first to accomplish the same result.
Stick it down and print away.
before you go to the next garment clean the pallet each time to re-new the tack quality...start over again as above.
Like I said it is a PITA and takes all kind of time but the larger you print area is the more important you will find this is to do each time.

Others will have other suggestions that I am sure works for them  but this is what works for us after a lot of ruined fleece pieces.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »
I know we have stuck with web spry for fleece, spry every time & then change the tape when done. I just don't trust WB adhesive of fleece.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
I have not gotten married to one consistent method yet on fleece.
Smallish runs (of which I do many, 36 or less) I'll use the Tekbond which I don't dilute. I'll rejuvenate every one (or two if I'm feeling lucky)

Otherwise, it's off with the pallet tape, and a web spray (using my cardboard mask) for each shirt.

I keep meaning to re-visit my Dri-Tack sheets, which just stick down to the existing stickum. I have sets for adult and youth, and was digging them before I had a few mishaps and then chickened-out.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2014, 11:10:28 AM »
web tac for us here on fleece too... they're just too expensive to be worrying about them coming up...

I do cover the arms of the press tho with some kraft paper held with a bit of masking tape.  That makes it really easy to clean the arms off after getting done printing them.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2014, 02:40:56 PM »
For less than 8 fleece items (Hey, its the desert, we don't get a lot of need for them) I use web spray.  For more than 8, I use tack boards.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2014, 02:50:08 PM »
For less than 8 fleece items (Hey, its the desert, we don't get a lot of need for them) I use web spray.  For more than 8, I use tack boards.

The first person other than me who has these!

Ever had a problem? And why aren't worth putting on the regularly water based-coated boards for less than 8? Seems easier than changing chemistry(and I assume pallet tape).

Offline prozyan

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »
I have an 8 station press, so we just kind of set an arbitrary number of one revolution.

I've never had a problem with them, though the "no cleaning" claim is a little false.  I do have to take a lint brush and brush them off every now and again.

Roger Jennings sent me 6 of the boards years ago when I first started out and I bought two more a couple of years ago when I upgraded to an auto.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2014, 06:05:42 PM »
I have an 8 station press, so we just kind of set an arbitrary number of one revolution.

I've never had a problem with them, though the "no cleaning" claim is a little false.  I do have to take a lint brush and brush them off every now and again.

Roger Jennings sent me 6 of the boards years ago when I first started out and I bought two more a couple of years ago when I upgraded to an auto.

Have you found any specific fleece brand or style that didn't grab as well as another?