Author Topic: MHM, S-Roque or M&R?  (Read 32707 times)

Offline 1964GN

MHM, S-Roque or M&R?
« on: August 22, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »
Our shop has been printing since early 2006. We currently have a 8c Diamondback and a 4c manual and are looking to increase capacity as well as speed to keep up with our growth. We will be keeping the Diamondback, selling the manual, and adding a NEW 12c auto.

We have it down to MHM, S-Roque and M&R and are looking for observations and opinions from those that have some experience with these guys and their presses, not just the sales pitch's but the real world stuff.

Given these three choices for a 12c, what would you choose and why? (user friendly, fast set-ups, best service, best built, etc, etc.)

I know you may have questions but let's start here.

Thanks!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: MHM, S-Roque or M&R?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »
Our shop has been printing since early 2006. We currently have a 8c Diamondback and a 4c manual and are looking to increase capacity as well as speed to keep up with our growth. We will be keeping the Diamondback, selling the manual, and adding a NEW 12c auto.

We have it down to MHM, S-Roque and M&R and are looking for observations and opinions from those that have some experience with these guys and their presses, not just the sales pitch's but the real world stuff.

Given these three choices for a 12c, what would you choose and why? (user friendly, fast set-ups, best service, best built, etc, etc.)

I know you may have questions but let's start here.

Thanks!

Ill take my M&R CHIIID every time. We have a 12 color and its built like a tank, packed with technology, backed by the best service and support that is out there in the screen printing world.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »
i really want to see the new CH3D.  I know it pained Sonny to admit that it's a pretty spectacular press.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 04:20:51 PM »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 04:22:57 PM »
i really want to see the new CH3D.  I know it pained Sonny to admit that it's a pretty spectacular press.

Come see it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »

Come up here and check out mine.  That was mine Sonny got to check out.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 04:54:45 PM »
If you're stuck on wanting a press which has a table that doesn't go up and down but screens that go down to the table, dem be's the options. If you're open to the table going up, you may want to check out the RPM.

In context of mhm vs m&r vs sroque, you'd do best to speak with one who has exposure to all 3 models you're considering. If I'm not mistaken, jsheridan has had experience with m&r and mhm - I'd heed advice from that person before someone who only knows one brand. Having said that, I don't think you'll go wrong with any of those brands, so that should provide some comfort that you won't make a mistake in your purchase.

Having said that, since you have a diamondback already, you have squeegees, pallets etc. that are all compatible with another m&r purchase - a big plus to be sure.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:57:22 PM by ScreenPrinter123 »

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »
What models of each brand are you looking at? Are you compering a YOU, CHIIID and a AC 4000? ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
What models of each brand are you looking at? Are you compering a YOU, CHIIID and a AC 4000? ;D

You, Gauntlet (smaller version of the Challenger III being introduced in Vegas), S-Type Extreme

Offline KevWilso

Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
All three are excellent choices but you already have the Dback and are used to it and have accessories like pallets, maybe triloc that will fit on a new M&R. To me unless you want to retool at this point the choice is clear, the M&R.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »
Bink has a very good point. Unless you have a beef with M&R or a reason to switch, it makes the most sense to keep it all uniform.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 07:16:42 PM »
I was hoping you would dig that up. ;)