Author Topic: Cost of Adobe  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Cost of Adobe
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »
I am interested to know how most people pay for Adobe.
I used Corel for years and we bought the program and it was pretty cheap using upgrages.
We have switched to Adobe because we need Photoshop and a lot of the files we receive from clients are Illustrator.
In Israel we cannot buy the program anymore and they charge us US$600 per year per computer for the package.      We have 2 designers so that's x2.
In March it's going up to US$850.00 per computer.
Is it still possible to buy the programs?       How can I get these costs down, I think it's cheaper in the USA but I cannot download from the USA, they pick up my IP.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Cost of Adobe
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:05:51 PM »
I don't know the cost, and if it's different in different places (I doubt it) but it is all online subscription now.
This change was widely discussed here when it first occurred, I think back in '13.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 12:23:55 PM »
it is actually possible to buy the CS6 version, see here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html

you could also try ebay or amazon. If you need a US address, you can ship it to me and I'll mail out to you.

We have one full license and one subscription. We are still using CS6 so no need to upgrade. Also by saving everything as CS6 we don't have to worry about losing access to the files if we end the subscription.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 12:40:03 PM »
Interesting approach. On one hand, they tell us it is still available, but on the other, they advise against us buying it.
I assume that this is their way of giving in to the outrage some expressed back when the move to the cloud was announced.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 12:45:21 PM »
Interesting approach. On one hand, they tell us it is still available, but on the other, they advise against us buying it.
I assume that this is their way of giving in to the outrage some expressed back when the move to the cloud was announced.

of course they advise against people buying it, CS6 is how many years old now?  -- Adobe doesn't want to continue supporting/patching/etc their old stuff...  The CC versions are the only ones they're supporting now, and they want you on the latest releases of it as well (heck, the CC app itself now auto-updates on it's own, which is probably a good thing considering Adobe's history with in-secure software (acrobat reader & flash especially).

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »
I pay 20 per month for illustrator and 10 for Photoshop. I actually don't think this is that bad personally. Considering how much money can be made screen printing and how difficult it would be without these two programs I feel it is a fair price. I never bought the full versions before. I think they were both over 1k for full programs. I had pirated copies and it always bothered me.  But the pricing was it of my range. Now it is affordable and I have the latest updates constantly. I also feel better morally knowing I'm not using stolen software. Hopefully they don't raise the prices down the road but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Can you possibly create an account from the US to get a lower monthly subscription cost?

Oh and this is the cost for two computers. And I actually run it on more. Just have to login and out of each computer when done. Slight hassle but not a big deal to me

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 03:42:34 PM »
I will be happy to pay $30 a month but they want $100.   I get crazy when they tell me the local price is different for something on the web.     There is no logic to that.
It's like EPSON printers, I bought a 4880 a while back in NY for $1000 with a rebate, cost me $250 to ship it.    The local price was over $3000, why? Because EPSON have a different pricing policy in the USA and Europe.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »
I don't use CC.

Would it be cheaper to subscribe to:
Photography package to get PHOTOSHOP. ($20
and
Single app to get ILLUSTRATOR
???

Instead of getting the All apps package?

https://creative.adobe.com/plans?store_code=il&promoid=KSDPZ

Offline jvieira

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 05:52:28 PM »
Not sure I should be saying this but..

We have 2 subscriptions.
1 Photoshop only - $9,99
1 Student subscription - $19,99

Works pretty well for us, it's a $30/month investment. Still hate this model, would prefer to just buy the program

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
I'm running CS6 for both Photoshop and Illustrator, but as I understand it, the subscription rate for them is around $20.00 per month? I believe you can still purchase both from the Adobe website... and, if you need the tools, you need the tools, just get them and move on. I feel the same about what they are doing, but subscriptions seem to be pretty much the same as the annual upgrades were...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 11:51:44 AM »
Maxie:

Is what you would be charged in your currency, the same as we are paying in U.S Dollars?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »
No, they want US$600 per computer per year for the Adobe package, from next month it goes up to US$850.
That's for business use, I could tell them it's for private use and get it cheaper but I hate these systems that force you to be dishonest.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline AAMike

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 01:15:47 PM »
CS6 forever!!!!

Offline myseps

• Master Color Separator
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »
I have 2 subscriptions with Adobe for $30 total per month

Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC:  $10
Illustrator CC   $20

Installed on both my desktop and Laptop
Its always updated to the latest version when a new one comes out
myseps.com color separations by Scott D.   Follow me on facebook

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 06:11:08 PM »
I have the whole suite.

I use these on the regular:
Photoshop
Illustrator
Bridge
Acrobat DC

Occasionally:
Dreamweaver
Premiere Pro

Honestly.  Well worth the money.  I was a dumb college kid that used sketchy versions for a while because I couldn't afford it and they were very unreliable.  Once the cloud deal came out I was on board.