Author Topic: HELP ME Buy a Right Automatic Screen printing machines  (Read 31050 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: HELP ME Buy a S. Roque Screen printing machines
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »
I am not sure why most of you folks here are so "negative"?.....Is it because you feel threatened?....While I realize most of you here think screen printing is akin to "rocket science", it is not......A motivated person with cash, intuition and desire can do exactly what Kwan is proposing to do and do it okay...For some businesses it make sense to bring stuff in house and I wish Kwan well....

I believe that folks are just a bit confused, or even "put off" by the lack actual questions and general non specificity of issues of such a huge leap.

I encourage Kwan to ask away.

As to equipment needs such as compressor or dryer, I have to think that the folks selling the press would have advice and suggestions (as well as a vested interest)

Next would be some sort of real training. He hasn't been too forthcoming about what, if any, he's had already.

I would also then question as to whether they want to go it all alone or hire some experienced help.

Then, I'd make the same suggestion that I have made for many years to newbies;
Brew a pot of coffee, Sit at your computer and go to the forum, and read, read, read. Take a break, and read read read some more.
Many of his (unasked) questions and concerns are probably addressed here.
This may give him a foundation from which to ask for some clarifications without starting at square one.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 07:45:44 PM »
Captain outsource is now telling us to bring it in? Is it backwards day or something?

You ever been behind 2500 pieces due tomorrow and the effing top colors won't stop smearing Royster?
That's when it becomes rocket surgery.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 08:07:25 PM »
I am not sure why most of you folks here are so "negative"?.....Is it because you feel threatened?....While I realize most of you here think screen printing is akin to "rocket science", it is not......A motivated person with cash, intuition and desire can do exactly what Kwan is proposing to do and do it okay...For some businesses it make sense to bring stuff in house and I wish Kwan well....

I don't feel threatened at all. I would love to have another member on the boards with a S.Roque  to talk about their differences and techniques and such. But I just found the two first posts in this thread extremely odd. Both the first post from each member, both JUST joined. Also both were written in a similar manner to the 10000 blank T-Shirt scam. Just came off to me like the old bait and switch, all to start a press manufacturer pissing contest.

Sounds like Kwan is legitimate , and had some questions, they may just need to be phrsed better.

He can go and but any press he wants, but there are many other costs other than the press. If his budget is being stretched with just the press purchase and he hasn't thought about a dryer, then he has a problem. People are just trying to help so he doesn't go belly up right away(although I wouldn't mind picking up a nice used S.Roque myself ;D ).

I asked some basic questions, that will help us help him. I think we are all up to help, but with the nature and frequency of scams/spam these days we are just not up for a game....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 08:13:39 PM »
Exactly. I'm trying to forwarn the guy of huge amounts of money and time lost if not careful. I just helped a printer in TX by leasing a new auto and dryer instead of buying used and using all of his capitol. He forgot about the air compressor and a few other things as well. He thanked me for being realistic because he would have been in a very, very bad spot and no room to wiggle. Not fun and really not fun for someone new to this!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
Captain outsource is now telling us to bring it in? Is it backwards day or something?

You ever been behind 2500 pieces due tomorrow and the effing top colors won't stop smearing Royster?
That's when it becomes rocket surgery.

BBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... ;D

easy to send e-mails isn't it?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »
First of all let me say thanks to this community for amazing support.
Second, Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion I may caused. Please under stand I am still trying my best to describe my situation.

Brew a pot of coffee, Sit at your computer and go to the forum, and read, read, read. Take a break, and read read read some more.
Many of his (unasked) questions and concerns are probably addressed here.
This may give him a foundation from which to ask for some clarifications without starting at square one.

Thanks Frog
This is exactly how I want to prepare and expect to win.

But I just found the two first posts in this thread extremely odd. Both the first post from each member, both JUST joined. Also both were written in a similar manner to the 10000 blank T-Shirt scam. Just came off to me like the old bait and switch, all to start a press manufacturer pissing contest.

LOL,
I just noticed that and can't stop laughing

Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with any brokerage firms, companies, publications or any other financial or investing institutions.

-How many shirts will your average run be?

-How many color prints will your average shirt be?

-How many days do you plan on printing per week?

-How big of a electrical service do you have?

- Have you looked at dryers?

-What model S.Roque are you looking at? I know you said a P10-M. But a P10-M- Amigia? YOU? ECO? A P-10, is a 8 color, it may be overkill for someone starting out, especially if you still need to buy a dryer, screens, ink, ect.

Thanks Alex for your great help on questioners,  this really helps.

-How many shirts will your average run be?
Starting around 2500 per week (will go up to 5000+ per week)

-How many color prints will your average shirt be?
Currently Two colors, but we can take a full advantage up 8 colors

-How many days do you plan on printing per week?
Not more then 2 days a week (but it can be flexible)

-How big of a electrical service do you have?
Capable to arrange 220v up to three Phase

- Have you looked at dryers?
NO experience on dryer yet (and Compressor as well) but will have in few days from this community.

I do not want to spend much funds however if a dryer and compressor can secure my tomorrow then I can certainly arrange more fund (instead on selling and buying again)

-What model S.Roque are you looking at?
Its ROQPRINT YOU P10-M
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:21:45 PM by Kwan »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
Troll thread....
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »
I am not sure why most of you folks here are so "negative"?.....Is it because you feel threatened?....

Not even a little bit.

First off I'll say I may be 100% wrong, and if I am, I apologize, but many others are feeling the vibe too....

It's because:
1 - S.Rogue was the last brand being talked up by Arr Dubyah Beee before he was banished to the netherworld.
2 - A specific press brand and model has been decided on while looking for basic start-up information on everything else. (I think, we really don't know what the question is yet)
3 - An offer of explicit help from M&R (The #1 Screen equipment manufacturer in N.A.) is summarily rejected as a personal call that is "not allowed"
4 - Many of us have seen almost carbon copies of this thread from the same Arr Dubyah Bee on the old Digitsmith days.

Other than that.... well carry on :)
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »
Kwan, honestly you would be best off finding a good contract printer on your area. If you are buying the shirts and getting them to the printer, you should probably be in the neighborhood of $3 total(shirt and printing). Maybe a bit more if you use fancy shirts. It will cost you more than that to print yourself.

Lets say you end up finding a good deal on a dryer and compressor. With a great deal on a dryer(we are going to assume you have nat. gas available) screens, ink, compressor, electrial work and install ect. you just added $20k to your price, and that would mean you got INCREADBLE used deals on all that stuff. So now you are at $70k, keep in mind this is a unlikely low price. Now you have to factor in running costs, mainly electricity and gas, man by the time you add all that up you are pretty close to $3/shirt with you yourself(not paying a employee to print). Your time may be better spent on your camera making $$$$.

Ok all that said, lets say you decide to go forward and get equipment....

You won't need 4 flashes, so don't let anyone talk you into that. 2 will be fine.

That price you got doesn't include the PRU, which if you have not printed before you will want.

I would say to check CL for a compressor, you can probably use a 5hp 3 phase(you will need 3 pase for the YOU anyway) compressor for a YOU that size.

You will also need a air dryer/chiller. Here is a nice one from a good company-
http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catalog/item/506941/1017584.htm

If you are just going to print for yourself you don't need a huge dryer. A 36" belt dryer should handle your output fine. Ask Techsupport if they have any leads on used ones. Otherwise checkout digitsmith, that is a good resource for used equipment.

You will need a minimum of 200AMP 3 phase service, but I would suggest 400AMP 3 phase. S.Roque can make a press as single phase, but you need to specify that when you order.

I just give you the EXTRA SHORT cliffs notes on what you will need, and there will always be more. We haven't even touched on what kinda space you have...

Have you given any thought to a used press? If you look at used presses I would recommend focusing on a M&R.
S.Roque doesn't really have a "entry level" press, the YOU is a serious press. While it would be cool to have another S.Roque user on the forum, I would rather help someone make the right decision for their situation.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
This guy is real-
www.facebook.com/FinalFootage
www.finalfootage.com/

I think he may of just been mis informed on how easy printing shirts is....

1 - S.Rogue was the last brand being talked up by Arr Dubyah Beee before he was banished to the netherworld.

That douche has NOTHING to do with S.Roque. You are relaying on info that arr bbeeee actually said himself. Get the story from the actual S.Roque guys, it is actually kinda amusing.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 10:15:50 PM »

That douche has NOTHING to do with S.Roque. You are relaying on info that arr bbeeee actually said himself. Get the story from the actual S.Roque guys, it is actually kinda amusing.

Nope, I just said it was being talked up by him. I didn't buy-in to what was said.

Anyways, apologies Kwan, from all accounts it's a good machine, but like others have alluded to, printing shirts may end up being something that is just as cheap to sub-out while you concentrate on the things that brought you the success you are enjoying. It isn't rocket science, but like many things the devil is in the details, it takes a few years to learn the first 80% of printing, and a lifetime to learn the other 20%.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »

Nope, I just said it was being talked up by him. I didn't buy-in to what was said.

Anyways, apologies Kwan, from all accounts it's a good machine, but like others have alluded to, printing shirts may end up being something that is just as cheap to sub-out while you concentrate on the things that brought you the success you are enjoying. It isn't rocket science, but like many things the devil is in the details, it takes a few years to learn the first 80% of printing, and a lifetime to learn the other 20%.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

You are right, sorry man. I just get so pissed when that guy is brought up, my bad I over reacted!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 10:39:06 PM »
This guy is real-
www.facebook.com/FinalFootage
www.finalfootage.com/

Thanks Alex
That was quick (lol)

Yes I am Kwan Khan and a respectful forum member on REDuser.net since 2008.

I am also a family member of http://www.kicksonfire.com/

and here we are rewarding all of our loyally and hardcore fan http://promo.kicksonfire.com/

We spend over $150,000 on two color printing(only) in year of 2013. The year of 2014 we are planing to increase three times more. In this situation, we came to the our final conclusion that we want to take a control and we must supply our own.

Sorry no contractor.

Fellas' please worry free I Grew Up (Too Fast) on forum so I know (lol),

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:52:24 PM by Kwan »

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 10:54:38 PM »
Lets say you end up finding a good deal on a dryer and compressor. With a great deal on a dryer(we are going to assume you have nat. gas available) screens, ink, compressor, electrial work and install ect.

This is really helpful, I will double check on Natural gas and Electric work again.

You won't need 4 flashes, so don't let anyone talk you into that. 2 will be fine.

I was going for two only

I would say to check CL for a compressor, you can probably use a 5hp 3 phase(you will need 3 pase for the YOU anyway) compressor for a YOU that size.

You will also need a air dryer/chiller. Here is a nice one from a good company-
http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catalog/item/506941/1017584.htm

Thanks this helps

If you are just going to print for yourself you don't need a huge dryer. A 36" belt dryer should handle your output fine. Ask Techsupport if they have any leads on used ones. Otherwise checkout digitsmith, that is a good resource for used equipment.

We are hiring local screen printing team, They will be working (Part time) on this station. They have no experience on Auto printeing but they are willing to learn.
I was thinking on 36" as well and yes I am in contact with Alan Howie on S. Roque Station.

I just give you the EXTRA SHORT cliffs notes on what you will need, and there will always be more. We haven't even touched on what kinda space you have...

Can you please elaborate

We trying to stay away from Used equipment (Older technologies and warranty purposes)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:25:22 AM by Kwan »

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, 11:24:46 AM »
It took all that beating around the bush, when all you had to do is Kwan is say what TCT found out about you, that you are real and want real answers.  Now that's out the way more people can help you and give all the advice you can handle without trying to look in the dark.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!