Author Topic: Kiwo  (Read 3387 times)

Offline jmd

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
Kiwo
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
Has anyone used the Kiwo Polycol Discharge Emulsion straight up for discharge? Pros and cons...Thanks

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Kiwo
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »
Yes and I did not like it. Broke down faster than the "non-discharge" emulsion I was using.

For a pure photopolymer that resists discharge Murakami Aquasol HV is good, and CCI ProChem
TexCoat is even better. Post exposure wipe on hardener for runs over 200 is recommended, though
I use it for just about any size run just in case.

I'll get around to the Diazo and Dual Cures before too long, just can't stand going from 30 second
exposures to 3 minute exposures.

Offline Clark

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 01:17:40 PM »
I used a couple of gallons of it.  I liked it personally...I used it for a water-based towel run and it worked great. 

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »
I had CCI get locked into my screen when using it for plastisol ink. Beware...

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
Has anyone used the Kiwo Polycol Discharge Emulsion straight up for discharge? Pros and cons...Thanks
I used the One coat and did not like it. Broke down pretty quickly. That was using the hardener on both sides and adding the diazo. Exposed the crap out of it too. Throw in about 4 hours baking in the sun and it still sucked.

I just add diazo to my Murikami TXR and coat it with hardener on one side. Holds like a rock. Look at the threads in the Ink section. Tony has some good stuff in there. The one he uses works awesome too.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »
The CCI 25WR works with all inks for me.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 02:20:50 PM »
Xenon has one called 903WR.  $32 a gallon
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 03:06:27 PM »
Does more diazo make the screen more water resistant or something? I currently use the Xenon 925WR, can I add more diazo to it if I want? If so, how much more? and is it generally available separately? Whats the cost of diazo, without the emulsion?
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »
Does more diazo make the screen more water resistant or something? I currently use the Xenon 925WR, can I add more diazo to it if I want? If so, how much more? and is it generally available separately? Whats the cost of diazo, without the emulsion?
Yes you can add more diazo.  Roughly 1 third more.  However this will make reclaim problematic as to wether or not you have fully exposed it.  Hardner is a better choice.  Ours is easily reclaimable and durable for long runs.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline DanK

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 06:40:19 PM »
We use it with the Diazo and have never had a problem.  We also post expose in the sun for a couple minutes whenever possible.  If it's humid and overcast or raining and we can't, then we use a little more Diazo and post expose in the exposure box.  Murakami wants us on their stuff and we're testing it, but besides really liking Murakami, we haven't found a reason to move away from Kiwo.
Dan Holzer

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »
I had CCI get locked into my screen when using it for plastisol ink. Beware...

It wasn't the plastisol. I've been told by folks much smarter than me that in the world of inks, plastisol has little to no effect even on under exposed stencils.
Your cleaning chemicals could be another story completely.

Richard Greaves;

Harmless plastisol is like salad dressing. We can get away with uncured stencils because there is no damage to be afraid of, but water-base or solvent ink attacks the raw inside and the screen breaks down. Of course, many printers are then furious when they cleanup with stronger than needed solvents that chemically bond the uncured stencil to the mesh making stencil removal impossible.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?