Author Topic: Storing Screens that have been coated but arent exposed yet  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Appstro

Storing Screens that have been coated but arent exposed yet
« on: January 04, 2014, 09:43:48 PM »
I was thinking about making a box as I only need to store 8-10 screens right now, but wanted to know if there are any small racks out there available for a good price? Something that is light safe and small enough to save space in the garage..er shop :) Any ideas or tips you have would be great! Thank you! :)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Storing Screens that have been coated but arent exposed yet
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:47:41 PM »
If really limited on space, perhaps a cabinet under your dryer.

Here's some recently displayed DIY examples in one of our newest sections.
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,10453.0/topicseen.html
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Appstro

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:02:20 PM »
Alas, I do not have a dryer. I dont have the space. For now I am am using the flash cure or heat press. I did buy a cheap cart from Harbor Freight that is just big enough to hold the frames. I may enclose it and put racks in it. I am also using the cart as my table top stand. I flipped the top upside down so I can mount the press to it. :)
http://www.harborfreight.com/24-inch-x-36-inch-steel-service-cart-5770.html

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:02:35 PM »
This is a pic of our dry box, basically it is a plywood box using short pieces of PVC pipe set into the sides. Pretty simple and quick to make if you are kinda handy with a circular or table saw. The pipe pieces do not go through the side walls but you could build it that way, just plug the pipe to keep light out.

the other image is a 24 screen cabinet we have made from two sheets of 4 x 8 birch plywood .
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.