Author Topic: Well, How's the Show? ISS Long Beach  (Read 16746 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Well, How's the Show? ISS Long Beach
« on: January 17, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
As I sit here trying to figure out how to fix a mistake our data entry person made that made us print the wrong color on 72 shirts, I'm wondering how the show is.  I thought this was the year I would make it there but as usual, seems like Murph's Law wins again.  Maybe some of you lucky turds can make us all a little more jealous and tell us all the cool stuff.  I heard the original #1 Gauntlet is there.  Anything new that none of us have seen or heard about yet?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Well, How's the Show? ISS Long Beach
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
Me too, wishing I was at the show getting to meet everyone..... We are stuck here waiting for the broncos vs ne game as if the broncos win we are printing shirts for Nike....... We have a couple different official shirt designs to print if they win so we are stuck here. Anyone have any updates? Hoffman told me this week when he was here the #1 gauntlet is there, that they tested it at the factory after refurbishing it and it was running 80 doz/hr LOL

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:25:24 PM »
Me too, wishing I was at the show getting to meet everyone..... We are stuck here waiting for the broncos vs ne game as if the broncos win we are printing shirts for Nike....... We have a couple different official shirt designs to print if they win so we are stuck here. Anyone have any updates? Hoffman told me this week when he was here the #1 gauntlet is there, that they tested it at the factory after refurbishing it and it was running 80 doz/hr LOL

I have to dig up my - Tom "how does my fabulous hair look?" Brady-  voodoo doll and step on it a few times in hopes of a broncos win.....sorry sam..

they're probably all tanked up eatin shrimp-n-chit....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 05:15:17 PM »
Alan, you gonna' do the ISS Texas show later this year? Now that I'm in NOLA I think I am going to that one. I will do Long Beach next year for sure though

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:48:15 PM »
Yeah that gauntlet is CLEAN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 10:14:31 PM »
Show is ok. It's kinda weird we usually walk half the show fri and the other half the show on sat.
We made it through the whole show in one day today.
Lots if people here so it almost seemed like we were being pushed by the tide.
We didn't really stop at booths we wanted to spend a bunch of time at (Murakami, stretch, M&r) so I think well do that tomorrow.

We spent a few minutes in the screen room at M&R. It was super packed.

We like the Sherlock squeegee washer. Might pick one up in the spring. The new water base ink from Ryonet looks amazing.

M&R has a new ir flash where they put three of them together over a stand alone conveyer that looked interesting. Not sure what for but interesting.

If I'm not mistaken the unikote from M&r is different from last year.

Apparently people are still interested in "bling".. At least lots of booths have it.

Javelin looks redesigned. Anatol has a small tag press I haven't seen before although it looks to short and like the shirts would drag on the floor. Maybe put some cardboard boxes down?

On the one M&R cts screens I saw it had some banding on the all black areas of the art, all the way down the screen. It was pretty minimal but banding none the less (banding like when your ink jet head is clogged)
Basically small lines where there is suppose to be black but there is not.
I checked the art file on the computer and it wasn't in the art.
The black ink doesn't seem very opaque but the screens I saw that were washed out looked fine, so maybe that stuff isn't a big deal. If it was film it would be a problem though.
I'd like to see some heavy eom stencils like a N102 with some sharp lines in the art out putted as a screen.

They have an og gauntlet there. Looks awesome!

That's it for today. I'm beat!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
I flew into Ontario, CA today-  have business to attend to in Riverside. Just gotta get me a good pair of binoculars and I can fill people in on what's going on.  :-).

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »
Inkbrigade, the javelin you're talking about is (I believe) the new sabre press from workhorse. All electric, runs off a tablet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 03:36:08 AM »
Dude your test works....How in the h*ll do you have time to run this??? just kidding good to hear from ya and I for one will be checking in regularly. Hope all is well and your busy

You are correct sir. A nice step for them.

M&R actually had a Gauntlet 1 from '87 that chugging along like a classic mustang.

Only other random thing I noticed this year is I did not see TAS. But I may of just missed them.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 10:59:01 AM »
Had a great time at King's Fish House last night meeting board friends, old and new.

Make sure and stop by the Impressions booth today (Saturday) at 4 PM for networking and watch/listen to the 2regular guys podcast.

See ya at the show!

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 11:31:40 AM »
Yep, once again, a huge thanks to Rich Hoffman sponsoring us stuffing our faces while talking shop.
A large enough turnout  that I didn't even get to greet, (or even meet) at least a half dozen folks!

I hope to be able to see some more members today at 11 and 3 by, (not in) the M&R booth. The corner near Hirsch, behind their screen room. They also have a large screen displaying a video of the world record speed loading and printing. The walkway is very large there so we have space.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
I'd like to know more about that sabre. Looks interesting.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 10:31:14 PM »
Headed back to LAX for a red eye flight home after a GREAT ISS Long Beach.

Over 300 total in my workshop and classes.  A specail Thanks to those of you who attended more than 1 or 2 plus special hugs and kisses to the couple who did all 5.

I meet several shirtboard members for the first time yet already  consider you to be old friends as we shared stories of how we used to do it along with the new and hopefully improved stuff on the horizon.

Going to be in Atlantic City in 6 weeks for the next ISS show and I'm sure Sam will take the lead in putting together that dinner get together event.

Keep on printing,

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 12:02:51 AM »
Kind of surprised to see Custom Ink wih a both looking for contract printers
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:17:47 AM by T Shirt Farmer »
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 12:13:29 AM »
If anyone is attending on Sunday, make sure to look for the Nazdar Source One booth. As far as I know, (They have been and still are) printing TheShirtBoard tees for members but you have to check into it and ask for one. I'm sure they are also printing other samples more glitzy most of the time.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850