Author Topic: Wilflex™ Epic HD Sharp Clear  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Wilflex™ Epic HD Sharp Clear
« on: August 02, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »
NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PolyOne Non-Phthalate Wilflex™ Textile Printing Inks – Enable Design Innovation and Enhanced Production Efficiency

KENNESAW, Georgia – July 1, 2011 – PolyOne Corporation today announced a new, non-phthalate addition to its line of non-phthalate Wilflex™ Epic Series Screen Printing Inks. Wilflex™ Epic HD Sharp Clear is a special-effect ink that produces high-density, high-resolution graphics with sharp detail on the newest types of performance fabrics, while also improving customers’ production efficiencies and ability to expand into new market areas. Wilflex Epic HD Sharp Clear can be blended with other texture inks to create unique texture and design effects. 

Frank Burkus, global director of Marketing & Technology for PolyOne Screen Printing Inks & Dyes, said, “PolyOne's global leadership in screen printing inks is embodied in its Wilflex™ brand inks. This addition to our line of Wilflex Epic non-phthalate inks underscores a global PolyOne commitment to developing innovative and responsible solutions. With its unique combination of performance characteristics, this new technology broadens the application of screen printing onto a wider range of textile substrates and into new and growing niche apparel markets to create a significant competitive advantage for our customers.”   

Wilflex Epic HD Sharp Clear combines the versatility of a clear ink with enhanced stacking and build properties of traditional high density inks. These superior stacking properties greatly increase the production efficiency of high density printing processes.

This new offering also provides great high-resolution graphic detail, maintains super-straight edge definition, and has excellent sharp-corner properties. The ink has a satin finish and dry hand feel, and its enhanced elongation and stretch properties allow superior printing on neoprene and other stretch fabrics.

Wilflex Epic HD Sharp Clear can be used on its own as a clear ink, or pigmented using Wilflex™ Color Mixing Systems. In addition, the ink can be used on a wide range of textile substrates, including 100% cotton, blends, acrylic, Lycra® and uncoated nylon, and neoprene.

Products in the Wilflex Epic ink line do not contain phthalates and are compliant with a number of regulations, including:
CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act) 2008, Section 101, Lead Content in Substrates (<300 ppm lead)
16 CFR, Part 1303, Lead in Paint (<90 ppm lead)
CPSIA 2008, Section 108, Phthalates (<.1% DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP, DNOP)
Eco-Passport Certified   

Wilflex Epic HD Sharp Clear is available globally.

About PolyOne
PolyOne Corporation, with 2010 annual revenues of $2.6 billion, is a premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered outside of Cleveland, Ohio USA, PolyOne has operations around the world. For additional information on PolyOne, visit our Web site at www.polyone.com.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Wilflex™ Epic HD Sharp Clear
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:02:15 PM »
They had a webinar today on this ink featuring Jon Weiss (sp?) and another gentleman from New Buffalo. Good information.I believe Erin aka inkgirl can send recordings of the webinar on request. I'll be bringing some in soon to play with after I finish a few other projects.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline squeegee

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:46:01 PM »
Damn I missed it, tried to register 10 min prior and never got a confirmation.  I have a sample but need some inspiration about what to try first.

Btw--I tried some Saati PHW Red today and man does that stuff dry flat, like glass.

Offline ErinAllenLamb

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 08:26:44 AM »
Thanks Dave! Yup the webinar was today and if anyone wants to view it, please email me erin.lamb@polyone.com and I will send you a link.  I know, i know, not the easiest way to do it, but that is how it is right now! :)

Squeegee - sorry about not approving.  I cannot approve once the event has started and I always start about 40 minutes early to make sure we don't have any technical issues.  Try to remember to register a bit early!! I apologize about that!!

Thanks guys!

Erin