Author Topic: shirt boards  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
shirt boards
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:18:35 AM »
Ok...we have 6 boards that have transfer tape on them...but the tape has been on there for about 4-5 yrs.  it is really hard to get off now since it is so brittle.  does anyone have a trick to get it off easier..right now we just did one and it took just over an hour..

anyone?

sam

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: shirt boards
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 07:32:54 AM »
Sounds like my OEM pallets.
We would heat them up with the flash and peal the cover off. If that did not work I would do is soak the cover with WD40, let them set then peal it off. The WD40 tick is messy but should work.

Offline Baron265

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:06:20 AM »
Try sandpaper
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684
pschmidt@workhorseproducts.com

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:44:57 AM »
if they are metal score the crap out of the paper layers  North / South and East / West and coat the top with any thing like GooGone, IckieStickieUnstuck, or any product the will remove dried up adhesive how about the old standard NAIL POLISH REMOVER. Coat them heavy and let it sit until the paper gets really saturated then use a scraper.
If they are wood do the same thing just pay some additional attention to the saturation into the wood pallet.
Here are some good commercial products some are better than others.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/3M-Adhesive-remover/_/N-259z?itemIdentifier=189453_0_0_

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-Strip-128-oz-Adhesive-Remover-GKAS94325/100271088?N=5yc1vZc5bq

http://www.citrusdepot.net/shop/tile-mastic-and-carpet-adhesive-remover/?gclid=CJb45aXt37wCFY07MgodaXcADw

http://www.cwcsupplyusa.com/stripsol.aspx

At the end of the day your pallets will be a freaking mess, everything within 20 feet of the work area will be sticky and smell you will be chasing the leftover  goo for years and bitching because you can't toss the boards in the trash because they are stuck to your hands while the UPS guy stands there waiting for your X on your new boards delivery
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 08:53:08 AM »
We have never had the pallet tape on that long, but we usually pour a handsome amount of press wash on the boards and let it sit for a few minutes. Then peal, it doesn't come off all in one shot but a lot better than pulling small 1" pieces off 1 at a time!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »
Try CCIs AR-20 at full strength.  Apply a generouse amount using a scrubby pad on warm pallets let sit for a minute or 2 and scrub off and repeat. 

Offline prozyan

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 01:25:04 PM »
I've found great and soaking with Rapid Tac works well.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
I've found great and soaking with Rapid Tac works well.

I ahve some pallets that I'm going to have to work on soon. I was wondering if my Graphix Gone would work good for this. Do you think application fluid would be a better idea?

Offline prozyan

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 03:05:27 PM »
I ahve some pallets that I'm going to have to work on soon. I was wondering if my Graphix Gone would work good for this. Do you think application fluid would be a better idea?

No idea.  Rapid Tac was the only thing I had on hand that I didn't mind possibly wasting.  It worked like a charm.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »

No idea.  Rapid Tac was the only thing I had on hand that I didn't mind possibly wasting.  It worked like a charm.

Good to know. I'll try both and see what works best.

Thanks!

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 02:30:29 AM »
We use a product called Bio-Breakdown, it works quite well, let it soak in for a few minutes & scrape with a rubber spatula so it doesn't damage the pallet. Works very well for spray tack on floors too.

http://www.citrus-adhesive-remover.com/bio-breakdown.html