Author Topic: Font Navigator question  (Read 2152 times)

Offline rmonks

• !!!
Font Navigator question
« on: August 09, 2011, 08:53:51 AM »
In font navigator window, I can drag a font over from the left  into the fonts installed side and it is there. I go to my corel file and use that font. When I close the file and come back the font is not in my installed fonts. How do I get them to stay put. I have to convert to curves to keep from redoing the design. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Font Navigator question
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:53:41 AM »
drag and drop the font into the fonts folder under windows. It installs the font. Also you can find the font on the hard drive and double click on it to preview. That will give you an "Install" button somewhere on top. Click on it and it will install it. It sounds like the Font Navigator is designed to give you temporary access to the fonts you don't want to install as they would consume your system resources. I have a similar program and just activate the fonts as I need them. The ones I use regularly are permanently installed.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Font Navigator question
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:55:25 AM »
Or when you find the font in the left pane right click it and select install that should permanently install it on your hard drive.
"No man is an island"